New Backup App - Problem after deleting Restoring point

Nextcloud version: 23.0.2
Backup App version: 1.0.4
Operating system and version: Debian 4.19.208-1
nginx version: 1.21.6
PHP version: 8.0.15

After configuring the app and exporting configuration and key, I initiated the first backup by pressing the button Create full restoring point. After two days the backup had still the status “not packed yet”.

So I assumed a problem and removed the whole folder by:
rm -fR 20220218090002-full-27uyPwv6nMPWU8M/
This was probably not good.

The Restoring point is still shown under “Restoring points history”.

Now after pressing Create full restoring point again, it shows “The creation of a restoring point as been requested and will be initiated soon.” for a while. But after it is gone, I cannot see, that the creation of a new Restoring point is in process.

How can I analyse the problem? The nextcloud.log shows no helpful information.

Thanks for your help

Does anybody have a hint, how to proceed? Backup app creates no further backups.

Regards
Puck

Additional information:
When I go to settings and than to backup I get the message
Unable to fetch app data.

±-------------------------------------±--------------------±---------±---------±-------±--------±-----------±---------±------------------±-+
| Restoring Point | Date | NC | Database | Parent | Comment | Status | Instance | Health | |
±-------------------------------------±--------------------±---------±---------±-------±--------±-----------±---------±------------------±-+
| 20220218090002-full-… | 2022-02-18 09:00:02 | 23.0.2.1 | mysql | | | processing | local | 32D, 23H, 54M ago | |
The Restoring Point is still described as processing and the app does not create further restoring points.

Can anybody support me cleaning the Database?

I am a little bit frustrated, because of no reply/support. In the meantime Backup version 1.0.6 and NC 23.0.3 is installed. But the backup app does not work.

When I click the app settings it says, that app data cannot be loaded.

What is the reason for that? How can I find more information? Does the backup app work for others?

1 Like

Same behavior on my instance. Is it possible to clean up the not available restoring points? Or completely reset the configuration of backup app?

It tried following command that resets the app-settings and points:

sudo -u www-data php occ backup:reset

Command did not work for me.
Response: There are no commands defined in the “backup” namespace.

Also a websearch did not show/comfirm an occ command to reset a app.