New Agenda/Calendar does not show

Hi,

I am new to the whole Nextcloud and Android apps.

I added a new agenda/kalender to my ecloud.global account.
However this agenda/kalender is not synchronized to my android phone!? When I open the calendar app on my phone I only see the calender ‘Personal’ which I can activate or not, but not the newly created calendar. Did I do something wrong?

Kind regards
Johan.

Please describe IN DETAILS which app you’re using on your Android device to sync calendars, e.g. DAVx5, which calendar app you’re using etc., etc. In DAVx5 e.g. you need to open the app and refresh the list of available calendars to get it displayed in your preferred calendar app.

I am syncing my Outlook calendar via CalDavSynchronizer to my ecloud global calendar (https://ecloud.global/apps/calendar/). I see the correct agenda items, via my laptop’s browser, in the ‘personal’ agenda group (my private agenda) and in the ‘business’ agenda group (my business agenda). So the CalDavSynchronizer does it’s work.
However if I than open the Calendar app on my Android phone, build 1.0.18, I only see the ‘personal’ agenda group.
If I tick on the three stripes in the top left corner and select ‘agenda’s’, I only see the ‘Personal’ agenda.
If I than tick on ‘Agenda’s to synchronize with’ at the bottom it again shows only the ‘Personal’ agenda.
So it looks as if the Android phone makes connection to my @e.email account, but does not see the additional agenda’s!?

In the App-info it says with the Calendar info also: foundation.e.calendar, so it looks like I don’t (need to) use DAVx5 or other apps to download the calendar items!?

Unfortunately it looks like we first need to clarify that we’re speaking about the same things.

• Can you please confirm that “ecloud” uses Nextcloud, because I don’t know this vendor or the program you’re referring too.
  • If Nextcloud is used, can you please also tell us the Nextcloud version being used?
  • You’re saying “I am syncing my Outlook calendar via CalDavSynchronizer”. Where is this program installed, on your mobile phone?
  • You’re speaking about “agenda items” and “personal agenda group”, do you mean “calendar events” and your “personal calendar”?
  • What do you mean with “agenda group”, the calendar app contains separate calendars and you can assign categories to an event but no groups can be assigned.
  • You wrote that you can see the items “via your laptop’s browser”. Do you mean you’re accessing Nextcloud using a web browser and you can see the event in your personal calendar?

So it looks as if the Android phone makes connection to my @e.email account, but does not see the additional agenda’s!?
I don’t know CalDavSynchronizer nor do I know how this Android app works. It might be worse to ask your questions in the CalDavSynchronizer support group, especially if the events can be seen using a web browser.

In the App-info it says with the Calendar info also: foundation.e.calendar, so it looks like I don’t (need to) use DAVx5 or other apps to download the calendar items!?

Unfortunately I don’t understand what “foundation.e.calendar” should mean and where you could see that information.

To summarize everything, as long as the the newly calendar events are shown in the Nextcloud calendar using a web browser, i would assume that you’ve got a configuration problem with your CalDavSynchronizer app.

Hi J-Ed,

Thanks for you support sofar. I will answer your questions below.
As to paint the bigger picture:
I bought a Samsung S7 from e.foundation (https://e.foundation/). It is supplied with a special operating system e-os. To install the phone, you need to create an e-mail address with them at their website (https://ecloud.global). This website than shows the tabs files/contacts/calendar/pictures/etc… that are synced to your phone. This website works with Nextcloud. If I go to the settings of my profile it states: developed by the Nextcloud community. When I go to the support section, it directs me straight to the Nextcloud Forum.

To answer your questions:

• Can you please confirm that “ecloud” uses Nextcloud, because I don’t know this vendor or the program you’re referring too.
  • Yes, as explained above, it uses Nextcloud
  • If Nextcloud is used, can you please also tell us the Nextcloud version being used?
  • I access my details via Firefox browser. I do not see anywhere a statement which version of Nextcloud is being used
  • You’re saying “I am syncing my Outlook calendar via CalDavSynchronizer”. Where is this program installed, on your mobile phone?
  • Outlook, part of Microsoft Office, is installed on my laptop. There I installed an add-in which synchronises my Calendar items to the above mentioned website of e.foundation.
  • You’re speaking about “agenda items” and “personal agenda group”, do you mean “calendar events” and your “personal calendar”?
  • Yes, in Dutch it is called an ‘Agenda’, but indeed I mean ‘Calendar’. So my Calendar in the browser has the option to create a new ‘Calendar group’.
  • What do you mean with “agenda group”, the calendar app contains separate calendars and you can assign categories to an event but no groups can be assigned.
  • I am not speaking about the app on the phone, but about the website solution
    ***afbeelding ***
    (sorry dutch language)
    But here is an option to create a ‘new calendar’ (‘Nieuwe agenda’).
  • You wrote that you can see the items “via your laptop’s browser”. Do you mean you’re accessing Nextcloud using a web browser and you can see the event in your personal calendar?
  • Exactly. And in my newly created Calendar group: ‘Zakelijk’ (‘Business’).

Hope this clarifies the issue a bit better and that you have a solution.

Kind regards,
Johan.

P.S.: I see that a device with DAVdroid 2.6.3-x5 is connecting with the website where my Calendar items are. I presume that is my Samsung S7. So this is using DAVdroid 2.6.3-x5.

To answer your questions:

Thank you that indeed helps me to understand your configuration a little bit better. I was confused how Outlook/CalDAVSynchronizer should work together with an Android device,
but this makes the picture a little bit clearer.

If Nextcloud is used, can you please also tell us the Nextcloud version being used?

I access my details via Firefox browser. I do not see anywhere a statement which version of Nextcloud is being used

The version number is usually been displayed under Settings > Management > Overview. If you’re not able to access this menu entry you can right click on a Nextcloud page, select View source code of the page and search for “versionstring”.

Yes, in Dutch it is called an ‘Agenda’, but indeed I mean ‘Calendar’. So my Calendar in the browser has the option to create a new ‘Calendar group’.

Ok, that was my assumption too :wink: As I already wrote Nextcloud doesn’t have an option to create calendar groups. You can only “Create a new calendar” or “Assign a category to an event”. On your screenshot I cannot see this option either.

Exactly. And in my newly created Calendar group: ‘Zakelijk’ (‘Business’).

To be honest, based on your screenshot you haven’t created a contact group but a new calendar.

P.S.: I see that a device with DAVdroid 2.6.3-x5 is connecting with the website where my Calendar items are. I presume that is my Samsung S7. So this is using DAVdroid 2.6.3-x5.

Ok, that’s fine. Open DAVx5, select CALDAV and then press the reload button in the lower right corner to reload the list of available calendars. Your newly created business calendar should be shown and you have to tick it to get it synchronized with your mobile phone.

Hi J-Ed,

The version is ‘16.0.6’.

‘j-ed:
You can only “Create a new calendar” or “Assign a category to an event”. On your screenshot I cannot see this option either.’
And that is exactly what I have done. I created a new calender. The option to do this is shown in the picture as ‘+ Nieuwe agenda’.

‘j-ed:
Open DAVx5, select CALDAV and then press the reload button in the lower right corner to reload the list of available calendars. Your newly created business calendar should be shown and you have to tick it to get it synchronized with your mobile phone.’
And that is what is not working; I do not have a DAVx5 app on my phone. The new Calender is not showing in my account settings in the list of Calendars .
However in the meantime I also started a topic on the e.foundation forum and discovered that I am using an older version of Android (Nougat). So someone there advised me to install a new version of Android (Pie) first before continuing to solve this.

I would recommend to contact your provider ans ask him to update Nextcloud to a supported version. Nextcloud 16 has already been declared “end of life” → 2020-04.

Ok, I think we’re now on the same page. I was a little bit confused because you’ve written that you have created a new group.

And that is what is not working; I do not have a DAVx5 app on my phone. The new Calender is not showing in my account settings in the list of Calendars .

But you wrote, that you’ve seen DAVx5 connection on your server and assumed that it must have been your Android phone?! Please ask your provide what app is being used to synchronize data.

Ok, lets see if this will fix your problem.

Hi J-Ed,

Problem solved!

After installing a new build on my Samsung, I could adjust my account settings. After using the synchronize button, I did not see the missing calender. However when I swiped the screen down, the calender appeared.
Calender items from my business calender are now synchronized.
So in the end all is well.

Kind regards,
Johan.

1 Like