Neuer NC-Client an altem NC-Server geht nicht / new nc-client not working with old nc-server

Vor ca. 2 Jahren hatte ich mir einen nextcloud-server bei meinem Internet-Provider installiert. Dafür hatte ich dort den ordner “cloud” eingerichtet. Also meine URI ist https://X.Y.de/cloud. Die gebe ich auch beim Starten des aktuellen nextcloud-client an (Windows 7) und kann mich auch erfolgreich einloggen. Aber dann ist Schluss, es kommt die Fehlermeldung
… Zugriff …/nextcloud/status.php nicht gefunden.
Wieso hat der NC-client hier jetzt den Ordner …/nextcloud/ im Sinn, wo ich doch beim Anmelden den richtigen Ordner …/cloud/ angegeben hatte?
Ich finde auch keine Stelle, wo ich das nachjustieren könnte.
Nach diversem Herumprobieren habe ich schlieĂźlich den ownCloud-Client installiert. Der meckert zwar, dass er den nextcloud-server eigentlich nicht unterstĂĽtzt, arbeitet aber dennoch (bislang) fehlerfrei.
Kann mich jemand aufklären?
//
About 2 years ago I installed a nextcloud server at my Internet provider.
For that, I created the folder “cloud”. So my URI is https://X.Y.de/cloud. I use this URI, when I start the latest nextcloud client (Windows 7) and it is possible to log in.
But with synchronisation the error “cannot find …/nextcloud/status.php” occurs.
Why nc-client is now using folder “nextcloud” though I started connecting folder “cloud”?
I do not find a position to correct that.
After several tries I finally installed ownCloud-client. I get also en error message, that this version of nextcloud-server is not supported, but it works and my local folder is synchronised correct (till now).
Has someone an explanation?

There is always a difference between “supported” and “working” software.

“Supported” means that the Nextcloud developers have tested the software against that server software and that it will most likely work and you can ask for help if not. On the other hand you cannot expect any help when it is already “out of supported”.

If the software is still working, you can be happy but no-one will guarantee that it will continue to work in the future.

BTW, Nextcloud v17.0.0 is the latest stable version and all versions prior of v15.x are already out of support now. You should immediately upgrade to a supported version, if not already done/scheduled.

Thank You very much for the immediate answer.
I understand this view.
But for updating nextcloud-server I have to update MySQL database also (5.7 needed).
And I have a lot of stuff around the database on my Internet server, it is simply too much work for the moment.
I thought, my problem is with the nextcloud-client, because it requests the folder “nextcloud” at the server.
So for now I will stay at ownCloud-client and switch to nextcloud-client later when I have time to make all updates on my Internet server.
Best regards

1 Like