Need Help NextCloud 24.0.3

Hello, please help. After updating to version 24.0.3, an error occurred:
I updated through the browser, I am using NextCloud for the first time.

1. Update from Nextcloud 24.0.0 to 24.0.3.
  2. sudo -u www-data php /var/www/nextcloud/occ upgrade

An unhandled exception has been thrown:
TypeError: Symfony\Component\EventDispatcher\GenericEvent::getArgument(): Argument #1 ($key) must be of type string, int given, called in /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/EventDispatcher/GenericEventWrapper.php on line 81 and defined in /var/www/nextcloud/apps/files_scripts/vendor/symfony/event-dispatcher/GenericEvent.php:60
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/EventDispatcher/GenericEventWrapper.php(81): Symfony\Component\EventDispatcher\GenericEvent->getArgument()
#1 /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Updater.php(499): OC\EventDispatcher\GenericEventWrapper->getArgument()
#2 /var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/event-dispatcher/EventDispatcher.php(251): OC\Updater->OC{closure}()
#3 /var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/event-dispatcher/EventDispatcher.php(73): Symfony\Component\EventDispatcher\EventDispatcher->callListeners()
#4 /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/EventDispatcher/SymfonyAdapter.php(122): Symfony\Component\EventDispatcher\EventDispatcher->dispatch()
#5 /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Repair.php(259): OC\EventDispatcher\SymfonyAdapter->dispatch()
#6 /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Repair.php(122): OC\Repair->emit()
#7 /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Updater.php(252): OC\Repair->run()
#8 /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Updater.php(133): OC\Updater->doUpgrade()
#9 /var/www/nextcloud/core/Command/Upgrade.php(235): OC\Updater->upgrade()
#10 /var/www/nextcloud/apps/files_scripts/vendor/symfony/console/Command/Command.php(298): OC\Core\Command\Upgrade->execute()
#11 /var/www/nextcloud/apps/files_scripts/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php(1024): Symfony\Component\Console\Command\Command->run()
#12 /var/www/nextcloud/apps/files_scripts/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php(299): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRunCommand()
#13 /var/www/nextcloud/apps/files_scripts/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php(171): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRun()
#14 /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Console/Application.php(211): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->run()
#15 /var/www/nextcloud/console.php(100): OC\Console\Application->run()
#16 /var/www/nextcloud/occ(11): require_once(‘…’)

Server configuration
Operating system: Ubuntu 22.04 server
Web server: nginx
Database: PostgreSQL
PHP version: 8.1.2

Hi @Maks_Tkachuk,
You are missing the required support template. Please fill this form out and edit into your post.

This will give us the technical info and logs needed to help you! Thanks.

I have exactly the same issue

This is the correct command:

sudo -u www-data php /var/www/nextcloud/updater/updater.phar

Search “updater.phar” at

Instead of clicking that button you can now invoke the command line based updater by going into the updater/ directory in the Nextcloud directory and executing the updater.phar as the web server user. (i.e. sudo -u www-data php /var/www/nextcloud/updater/updater.phar)

https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/latest/admin_manual/maintenance/update.html

Unfortunately this doesn’t help, the output is exactly the same. I still get the exception.

I’m facing the same error messages upgrading from 24.0.3 to 24.0.4. Running

sudo -u www-data php /var/www/nextcloud/updater/updater.phar

finished successully. However, when I continue with

occ upgrade

I receive the same message

An unhandled exception has been thrown:
TypeError: Symfony\Component\EventDispatcher\GenericEvent::getArgument(): Argument #1 ($key) must be of type string, int given, called in /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/EventDispatcher/GenericEventWrapper.php on line 81 and defined in /var/www/nextcloud/apps/files_scripts/vendor/symfony/event-dispatcher/GenericEvent.php:60

I’m running on following server configuration:
Operating system: FreeBSD 13.1
Web server: nginx
Database: MySQL
PHP version: 8.0

1 Like

Same here.
I’m using docker-compose with nextcloud:fpm-alpine image
Updated today and I have the error.
So I’ve restored from my backup and forced to use 24.0.3-fpm-alpine image again, until bug is fixed.

Please tell me how to restore from a backup?

Do you have the app recognize running?
In some cases it will solve your issue if you disable the app and run the upgrade then.

Disabling the recognize app solved the problem for me.

sudo -u www-data php occ app:disable recognize
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.