NCP docker setup with different data directory

Hi akeihra,

Could you explain how did you config the network?

I am struggle with the same issue. When manually mount my external drive, NCP can be installed within a folder on the drive but OMV cannot share folders with this drive. When I mount the drive through OMV I get the permission issue stated above.

Thank you in advance!

Hey,

do you mean the network within portainer/docker? I created a new network with macvlan driver and IPv4 gateway = IP of my router. I use this network for both containers, pihole and nextcloud.

But to be honestā€¦I donā€™t think I will continue with this setupā€¦every now and again we have the problem that the container just stopps or I need to reinstall it because it is not working anymore for whatever reason, etc. It is really frustrating, because it is not working reliably for one week. I want a system which is reliable without needing to reconfigure it nearly every week or so. So I think I will switch from OMV + docker to ā€œjust nextcloudpiā€ appliance and will test this.

I hope that you have more luck with this combination than I have :slight_smile:

Hi,

I was thinking the same. I donā€™t see the reaseon to use OMV anymore. I will try only nextcloudpi.

I was facing the same issue, solved that with following steps

• /etc/fstab ā†’ external drive mount point options add: exec
  • remount fstab
  • delete existing ncdata folder in external drive, if it exists
  • rebuild the docker container

Another solution:

docker run -d --network=host --restart unless-stopped -v nextcloudpidata:/data --mount type=bind,source=/mnt/users/data,target=/data/app/data --name nextcloudpi ownyourbits/nextcloudpi-armhf mydomain.com

Source

Also have a look at this: NextCloudPi docker for Raspberry Pi ā€“ Own your bits