NCP Bullseye Update Problem

Hello, I wanted to update today after a long wait NCP via sudo ncp-dist-upgrade, now I have the following error message and nothing works. about my web address is displayed to me only a php code

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
smbclient : Depends: samba-common (= 2:4.13.13+dfsg-1~deb11u3) but 2:4.13.13+dfsg-1~deb11u4 is to be installed
Depends: samba-libs (= 2:4.13.13+dfsg-1~deb11u3) but 2:4.13.13+dfsg-1~deb11u4 is to be installed
Depends: libsmbclient (>= 2:4.10.0+dfsg) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libwbclient0 (= 2:4.13.13+dfsg-1~deb11u3) but 2:4.13.13+dfsg-1~deb11u4 is to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
Something went wrong. Fix it and try again

I have a backup of course but is there a way to fix this

NC Version 23.0.6

Hello,

you have held broken packages.

To see if you have held packages:
sudo apt-mark showhold

Thanks, I tried but nothing happens

I just tried to upgrade and have the exact same problem as the OP:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
smbclient : Depends: samba-common (= 2:4.13.13+dfsg-1~deb11u3) but 2:4.13.1sg-1~deb11u4 is to be installed
Depends: samba-libs (= 2:4.13.13+dfsg-1~deb11u3) but 2:4.13.13±1~deb11u4 is to be installed
Depends: libwbclient0 (= 2:4.13.13+dfsg-1~deb11u3) but 2:4.13.1sg-1~deb11u4 is to be installed

I tried BeWog’s suggestion but running `sudo apt-mark showhold’ returns three empty lines.

Would appreciate advice! I’m a linux noob so figuring this out myself is going to be challenging, I’ll probably have to resort back to a backup instead.

I also can’t get to the ncp panel to download my backup anymore and with sudo ncp-restore and the backup path it does a restore but it doesn’t change the error.

I’m not updating, but newly installing on a Debian Bullseye 64-Bit installation on my Pi, but had the same problem, so maybe my solution works for you, too: simply install smbclient manually:
sudo apt install smbclient
Did the trick for me. :smiley:

1 Like

Yes, thank you very much that worked.

sudo apt install smbclient, reboot, sudo ncp-dist-upgrade successfully installed Bullseye and I can get back into my NC. :+1:

1 Like

Thanks a lot FATPunisher! I can confirm that your suggestion fixed my issue too.
When I (re)installed smbclient, reboot and then run sudo ncp-dist-upgrade it succesfully upgraded to Bullseye.

Afterwards my nextcloud instance was working, albeit in maintenance mode. To disable maintenance mode I navigated to /var/www/nextcloud and executed:

sudo -u www-data php occ maintenance:mode --off

Putting this here in case someone else faces this issue too.

1 Like