NC22.0 RC1 Internal Error Contact App

Hi folks, I hope you’re doing alright !

I’ve been having an issue recently with the contact app (internal error).

I was cheking the log but i didn’t see anything that could help me.

Does someone have an idea please ?

Error happened till NC22.0 Beta 4.
Server : Debian 10, PHP 7.4.20, MariaDB

/var/www/cloud/data/nextcloud.log :

cat /var/www/cloud/data/nextcloud.log
{"reqId":"X8IdcPtjvuJ6BR2LlkOk","level":3,"time":"2021-06-28T07:53:45+00:00","remoteAddr":"86.237.206.44","user":"casper","app":"index","method":"GET","url":"/apps/contacts/","message":"Call to undefined method OCP\\Util::isIe()","userAgent":"Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:89.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/89.0","version":"22.0.0.9","exception":{"Exception":"Error","Message":"Call to undefined method OCP\\Util::isIe()","Code":0,"Trace":[{"file":"/var/www/cloud/lib/private/Template/Base.php","line":180,"function":"include"},{"file":"/var/www/cloud/lib/private/Template/Base.php","line":150,"function":"load","class":"OC\\Template\\Base","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/cloud/lib/private/legacy/OC_Template.php","line":179,"function":"fetchPage","class":"OC\\Template\\Base","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/cloud/lib/public/AppFramework/Http/TemplateResponse.php","line":204,"function":"fetchPage","class":"OC_Template","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/cloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php","line":171,"function":"render","class":"OCP\\AppFramework\\Http\\TemplateResponse","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/cloud/lib/private/AppFramework/App.php","line":156,"function":"dispatch","class":"OC\\AppFramework\\Http\\Dispatcher","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/cloud/lib/private/Route/Router.php","line":303,"function":"main","class":"OC\\AppFramework\\App","type":"::"},{"file":"/var/www/cloud/lib/base.php","line":998,"function":"match","class":"OC\\Route\\Router","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/cloud/index.php","line":36,"function":"handleRequest","class":"OC","type":"::"}],"File":"/var/www/cloud/apps/contacts/templates/main.php","Line":2,"CustomMessage":"--"}}

I already done some occ command (like maintenance:repair or app:update --all) but so far I’m stuck !

Thanks in advance for the one that’ll read me !

Same problem here with 22.0.0 (stable), just updated an hour ago. Any ideas how to fix it?

Debian 10.10, php 7.3, mariadb 10.3.

Thanks!
Sven

Hi @Sven

The Contacts app was not ready yesterday when NC22 was released. In the meantime Version 4.0.0 of the Contacts app is available, which is shown as compatible for NC22. No idea why they can’t wait with a release until at least all core apps are ready.

Anyways… In general, I would recommend to wait until at least the first point release before upgrading a productive instance to a new major version. Unless you’re feeling adventurous… :wink:

Many thanks, @bb77! I updated to 4.0.0 and no more problems. And yes, in the future I’ll await “.1” and not update before. :slight_smile:

Thanks!
Sven

1 Like