NC21 ready for production?

Morning!
Just wondering if 21 is ready for production already… I’m running 20 on docker at the moment and I’m a bit wondering why I haven’t got any note about 21 being available for update yet…
-Stefan

Hi Stefan!

According to Nexclouds’ official website, they have listed 21.0.3 as the latest stable.

On Docker hub, they have NC 21.0.3 in the latest tag. (not stable as I wrote before)

I’d believe all should be good to go :slight_smile: Do you see any errors in your log if the instance can’t communicate with the update servers?

Hi,
nope, no errors. I guess, It’s time to write a new compose file and upgrade, then :).
Thanks!

1 Like

I also wonder, why my docker-compose pull nextcloud does not pull the new NC21.
I did the pull and the last version I got is v20.0.11.1
(RPi with ubuntu 20.04)

Something wrong with this?

nextcloud:
    image: nextcloud:stable
1 Like

I am actually mistaken with my statement above. Its in fact latest that has nc 21, while stable is still stuck at 20. Sorry for my oversight.

I think this is a mismatch, unless it’s a different docker image strategy in use compared to the rest. I’d deem a product stable when everyone gets an update notification, hence why it’s usually not rolled out to everyone with the first version.

Although I recommend hardcoding the versions for better version control with docker and docker compose, so in this case one can use :21.0.3 or so to define version.

Rest of the details are available on the docker hub page :slight_smile:
Good luck!

Yeah, I do pin. I got burned once really badly and barely managed to save my installation… I also customize my compose file and also my build file because I use some extensions which need additional stuff installed in the image, like files from mail.

1 Like