NC18 clean install OnlyOffice secret key

Nextcloud version (eg, 12.0.2): 18.0.1
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 17.04): Debian 10
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): 2.4.38
PHP version (eg, 7.1): 7.3.14

The issue you are facing:

Installed a brand new NC instance on a brand new server. OnlyOffice integration working perfectly well (but I didn’t test everything, let’s say it seems to work perfectly well).

I’m wondering about that “secret key” setting that is made available. If I try to set it to some string, I get an error like this:

Erreur durant la tentative de connexion (Client error: GET https://somedomain.org/index.php/apps/onlyoffice/empty?doc=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJhY3Rpb24iOiJlbXB0eSJ9.sfvWZHyrcPGPOQHopwhN9FbAjzKuYjbIEoB-Kj-7oTk resulted in a 403 Forbidden response: {“message”:“Access denied”} )

However the secret string seems to be saved, because after that, integration does not work anymore. If I erase the secret string, it goes back to normal, integration works.

I read a lot but all I find seems to be related with pre-18 versions where OnlyOffice and the document server are on another server and are added manually. I understand that I should add a local.json nearby a default.json but I cannot find anywhere this default.json, the local.json would include some json code with the secret key on the document-server side …

So my questions are:

• is it necessary / recommanded to use a secret key on Nextcloud Hub ?
  • if yes, how should I proceed ? do I have to create that local.json, and where ?
  • maybe it’s only a “rights” problem (according to that error), but I’m logged into NC with the only admin account, and setting that secret from the NC back-office does not allow me to change user or … ?
  • or maybe I’m missing something else ? or I did not understand the basic principles of that integration ?

Thanks.
Pierre