NC12 : non-admin users unable to access files through webdav

Hello everyone !

I hope that someone can help me solve this issue, cause it’s annoying…

Nextcloud version (eg, 10.0.2): 12
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 16.04): Mac Sierra
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): 2.4.25
PHP version (eg, 5.6): 7.0
Is this the first time you’ve seen this error?: Yes

Can you reliably replicate it? (If so, please outline steps):

• Create a normal user (not an admin)
  • Try to access their files through webdav using cyberduck or Finder (for example) -> empty (or fails to conect)
  • Try to access admin files using cyberduck : success

The issue you are facing:

• The mobile apps and sync clients work great, there are files and folders in the user’s folder
  • I am using the address : example.com/nextcloud/remote.php/dav/files/USERNAME/ as advised on the manual (https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/12/user_manual/files/access_webdav.html)
  • Cyberduck -> Enter server address -> Login and password for normal user
  • Cyberduck says “Time-out”
  • log says “Warning core Login failed: ‘test’ (Remote IP: ‘my IP’) 2017-10-28T10:29:14+0000”
  • Me says “I created the user and copy/pasted the password, double-checked it, no error”
  • Finder Go -> Enter server address -> Login and password for normal user
  • Finder connects successfully (no error) and shows an empty window (where there should be files and folders)
  • Cyberduck -> Enter server address -> Login and password for admin user (with TOTP and app password)
  • Cyberduck connects successfully and shows admin’s files and folders
    The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:
    Apart from “Warning core Login failed: ‘test’ (Remote IP: ‘my IP’) 2017-10-28T10:29:14+0000”, nothing significant

Now, why do I need this webdav to work (when users can use the client and mobile apps without issues) ? I need it to connect other services, namely OnlyOffice (their official server, not one installed on my own server) which could fetch files from nextcloud, instead of having to copy every file there.

Thanks for your help with this

Flore

I have got an error message in my log:

Debug	webdav	Sabre\DAV\Exception\NotAuthenticated: No public access to this resource., Username or password was incorrect, No 'Authorization: Bearer' header found. Either the client didn't send one, or the server is mis-configured, Username or password was incorrect

[internal function] Sabre\DAV\Auth\Plugin->beforeMethod(Object(Sabre\HTTP\Request), Object(Sabre\HTTP\Response))
 example.com/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/event/lib/EventEmitterTrait.php - line 105: call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
 example.com/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php - line 466: Sabre\Event\EventEmitter->emit('beforeMethod', Array)
 example.com/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php - line 254: Sabre\DAV\Server->invokeMethod(Object(Sabre\HTTP\Request), Object(Sabre\HTTP\Response))
 example.com/nextcloud/apps/dav/lib/Server.php - line 258: Sabre\DAV\Server->exec()
 example.com/nextcloud/apps/dav/appinfo/v2/remote.php - line 33: OCA\DAV\Server->exec()
 example.com/nextcloud/nuage/remote.php - line 162: require_once('/home/clients/8...')
{main}

Of course, I gave login password, so if it is correctly used, I should be authenticated (not public).

If someone is reading this and has any suggestion or help, it would be nice, thank you.

Hi Flore,

I get same error:
No public access to this resource., Username or password was incorrect, No 'Authorization: Bearer' header found. Either the client didn't send one, or the server is mis-configured, Username or password was incorrect

I can login via web-interface and the client-app in my Android phone can login too. But neither the Desktop client-app on my PC nor the CalDav Syncronizer (Outlook Extension) can login. Neither with the username/password nor with the username/app-pin (generated via the web-interface). Until I rebooted my nextcloud server yesterday, everything was working fine. Since the server was running many days (weeks/month?) I’ve no idea what change/update could cause this troubles…

Did you solve the problem and if yes, how? Or someone else any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
afi