NC12 File Email Share Error

Getting Following error when sharing a file via email address NC12

Expected response code 250 but got code “550”, with message “550 5.3.4 554 5.2.0 STOREDRV.Submission.Exception:SendAsDeniedException.MapiExceptionSendAsDenied; Failed to process message due to a permanent exception with message Cannot submit message. 16.55847:69000000, 17.43559:0000000060010000000000000100000000000000, 20.521

I experience the same problem.
our emailserver settings are set to SMTP and mails are send by our exchange server.
When share a file by mail, the mail is send by the standard mailuser set in the emailserver settings.
When “send password by mail” is active, a second mail is send with the password in it. this mail however is send by the standard mailuser on behalf of the user sharing the file. the standard mailuser does not have the permission the send in behalf of the user sending the share.

Is it possible to change the settings so the password mail is send, just like the share mail?

Good idea @Systeembeheer_Streng maybe @jospoortvliet knows something on this.

I changed my email settings, i was using outlook.com email server and change it to google.com email server and no more errors when sharing the files. I’m guessing some providers lock their system more then others.

I posted an issue on Github about this. I think the most important issue here is that when you set a password on an email share this way, it does not get password protected because of this failure. Still waiting to hear back on this one, so I can’t upgrade my production system to 12 until this gets fixed.

@bjoern I believe you developed this part, any thoughts?

Hi all,

I just prepared a pull request to fix it: https://github.com/nextcloud/server/pull/5303

Maybe some of you can test it and report back if everything works as expected… Thanks!

1 Like

I tested the change, and everything works as expected for me! Thanks Björn!

Thank you! @bjoern that fixed my issue also. Looks like you guys got the fix.

Hi bjoern,

i think i have the same problem. My password mails are not sent.
I would like to test your fix.
I’m not sure how i can do this. Should i only change the file mailprovider.php mentioned here: https://github.com/nextcloud/server/pull/5303/files

Thanks!

Yep, you just change that one file and test that it’s working.

As already said, just apply the changes to your file. If you want to do it one-by-one you can also download the complete file from github and replace your local version

Thanks - i did the changes manually and this solves my problem. Password mails are sent now.