NC Calendar not connecting on Thunderbird 68 (Lightning)

My specs:
Nextcloud server 20.0.7 on Docker.
Ubuntu server 20.04
PHP 7.4.15
4 cores, 8GB ram
Thunderbird with integrated Lightning add on 68.10.0
Linux Mint

I followed these very simple instructions to setup the CALDAV calendar in thunderbird: Thunderbird - Synchronize Addressbook and Calendar — Nextcloud 12 User Manual 12 documentation

The first part where the CardBook connects to nextcloud and downloads the contacts, worked with no issues and i am able to sync my contacts from my nextcloud.

But the second part to connect and sync the calendar does not work. I just get this:

There is an upgraded Thunderbird version 78 but i read users complaining of issues and Mint does not even give me the option to upgrade via the package manager. Not sure if its supposed to be stable with this.

Any tricks to make it work?

Thank you

Here is some errors i found by running thunderbird on a terminal:

[calBackendLoader] Using Thunderbird's builtin libical backend

console.warn: Overlays.jsm: Could not resolve 1 references Array [{}]
console.warn: Lightning: There has been an error reading data for calendar: Axo. However, this error is believed to be minor, so the program will attempt to continue. Error code: DAV_DAV_NOT_CALDAV. Description: The resource at https://domain.com/remote.php/dav is a DAV collection but not a CalDAV calendar
console.warn: Lightning: There has been an error reading data for calendar: Axo. However, this error is believed to be minor, so the program will attempt to continue. Error code: READ_FAILED. Description:
console.error: Lightning:
[calCachedCalendar] replay action failed: null, uri=https://domain.com/remote.php/dav, result=2147500037, operation=[xpconnect wrapped calIOperation]

Do you have a solution for this? I’m facing the same error with TB 78 and NC 21.

I did not try Thunderbird it for quite some time… but I remember that I had issues with CardDAV in combination with Nextcloud. Not sure if it was before or after the upgrade to Thunderbird 78. But maybe you can try this Addon. Provider für CalDAV & CardDAV :: Add-ons für Thunderbird