NC 29.0.2 webdav: error: forbidden: Download denied because permission is disabled

Hi there,

I recently upgraded our NextCloud to Version 29.0.2 (coming from NC 27).
Now I am facing thousends of error messages in the log-file.
It seems there is a webdav issue with a lot of files regarding disabled download permission:

Access to this shared resource has been denied because its download permission is disabled.","userAgent":"Mozilla/5.0 (Windows) mirall/3.13.0stable-Win64 (build 20240423) (Nextcloud, windows-10.0.19045 ClientArchitecture: x86_64 OsArchitecture: x86_64)","version":"29.0.2.2","exception":{"Exception":"OCA\\DAV\\Connector\\Sabre\\Exception\\Forbidden","Message":"Access to this shared resource has been denied because its download permission is disabled.","Code":0,"Trace":[{"file":"/www/htdocs/.../.../web/cloud/3rdparty/sabre/event/lib/WildcardEmitterTrait.php","line":89,"function":"checkViewOnly","class":"OCA\\DAV\\DAV\\ViewOnlyPlugin","type":"->","args":[["Sabre\\HTTP\\Request"],["Sabre\\HTTP\\Response"]]},{"file":"/www/htdocs/.../.../web/cloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php","line":472,"function":"emit","class":"Sabre\\DAV\\Server","type":"->","args":["method:GET",[["Sabre\\HTTP\\Request"],["Sabre\\HTTP\\Response"]]]},{"file":"/www/htdocs/.../.../web/cloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php","line":253,"function":"invokeMethod","class":"Sabre\\DAV\\Server","type":"->","args":[["Sabre\\HTTP\\Request"],["Sabre\\HTTP\\Response"]]},{"file":"/www/htdocs/.../.../web/cloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php","line":321,"function":"start","class":"Sabre\\DAV\\Server","type":"->","args":[]},{"file":"/www/htdocs/.../.../web/cloud/apps/dav/lib/Server.php","line":374,"function":"exec","class":"Sabre\\DAV\\Server","type":"->","args":[]},{"file":"/www/htdocs/.../.../web/cloud/apps/dav/appinfo/v2/remote.php","line":35,"function":"exec","class":"OCA\\DAV\\Server","type":"->","args":[]},{"file":"/www/htdocs/.../.../web/cloud/remote.php","line":172,"args":["/www/htdocs/.../.../web/cloud/apps/dav/appinfo/v2/remote.php"],"function":"require_once"}],"File":"/www/htdocs/.../.../web/cloud/apps/dav/lib/DAV/ViewOnlyPlugin.php","Line":112,"message":"Access to this shared resource has been denied because its download permission is disabled.","exception":[],"CustomMessage":"Access to this shared resource has been denied because its download permission is disabled."

I already did a file-scan and repair using occ.
We are running PHP 8.2.20

Is there a way to get rid of this error messages?
Tanks in advance - this is my first posting here, I hope I didn`t miss anything.

Peter

It’s the “Allow Download” permission (or lack thereof, rather) that is generating that log entry.

However it’s from back in v25. Not sure why you’d be seeing anything new in v29 versus v27 for this.

Okay, thanks. I will try to set the permission. There are about 3700 relating log entries in less than 24 hours. Our Server is hosted in a shared environment. So there is a strict PHP-FPM limit. Since the update to NC29 we are facing issues accessing the NC because webdav/sabre PHP Scripts are running to long and get discared. I hope maybe there could be a correlation and getting rid of the error logs will fasten up these long running PHP scripts…

These are the long runners according to our hoster:

script_filename = /www/htdocs/.../.../web/nextcloud/remote.php
[0x00007be770c155e0] stream_copy_to_stream() /www/htdocs/.../.../web/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/http/lib/Sapi.php:110
[0x00007be770c15460] sendResponse() /www/htdocs/.../.../web/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php:490
[0x00007be770c153a0] invokeMethod() /www/htdocs/.../.../web/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php:253
[0x00007be770c152a0] start() /www/htdocs/.../.../web/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php:321
[0x00007be770c15250] exec() /www/htdocs/.../.../web/nextcloud/apps/dav/lib/Server.php:374
[0x00007be770c151d0] exec() /www/htdocs/.../.../web/nextcloud/apps/dav/appinfo/v2/remote.php:35