NC 21 and Talk 11

Hey there
I cannot use Talk anymore with NC 21 and Talk 11
Everything seems fine in NC 20 and Talk 10.6

Creating a conversation ends up in “Error creating the conversation” and Internal Server Error, and the search form always gives Error in searching messages and conversations.

The NC log says
“Doctrine\DBAL\Exception\TableNotFoundException: An exception occurred while executing a query: SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table ‘xxxxx.oc_talk_sessions’ doesn’t exist”

“Doctrine\DBAL\Exception\InvalidFieldNameException: An exception occurred while executing a query: SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column ‘r.description’ in ‘field list’”

Thanks for the support and infos!

mrjive

I have got the same problem. Looks like the table isn’t there.

Works for me. Perhaps this is a MySQL bug? I use postgresql.

yes, mysql here!

I was using MariaDB with a fresh install.

Same for me :frowning:

also same for me with NC21 + MariaDB and Talk 11

Tried to create a room with occ and got the same error:

"An exception occurred while executing a query: SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'r.assigned_hpb' in 'field list'"

Is somebody with a working instance willing to show the columns of the table? So I’d be able to create them manually and then check the code why this is happening. Thank you

1 Like

Same problem after upgrading to talk 11.1.1

Hi !

Have you tried : sudo -u www-data php occ db:add-missing-indices ?

Hey,

the nextcloud thinks that everything is alright with the database. db:add-missing-columns doesn’t change anything either.

www-data@600f62e4a6a5:~/html$ ./occ db:add-missing-indice
Check indices of the share table.
Check indices of the filecache table.
Check indices of the twofactor_providers table.
Check indices of the login_flow_v2 table.
Check indices of the whats_new table.
Check indices of the cards table.
Check indices of the cards_properties table.
Check indices of the calendarobjects_props table.
Check indices of the schedulingobjects table.
Check indices of the oc_properties table.
Done.

yes, same here!

Okay, I found a solution. I’ve taken a look in the source code of the spreed app in Github and found the function which should create the assigned_hpb column.
I don’t know how to execute the migration manually, because I don’t know very much about PHP, so I’ve manually added the column to my database with the following query:

ALTER TABLE oc_talk_rooms ADD assigned_hpb int NULL DEFAULT(NULL);

Now it is working :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: - hope it will help you guys too. Take care, your database prefix might differ from mine. If you need help with this, feel free to ask.

I’d be happy, if someone could tell me how to execute the migration script of the addon manually or how the process of the migration is happening with the installation of the addon, because I really want to understand why the database change didn’t happen. Other people in this thread are missing whole tables - so it’d help alot.

Happy Monday tomorrow,
Arthur Koch

Thanks for the try! In my case the column IS there, what seems to be missing is the oc_talk_sessions table
I cannot find where the table is created, maybe you could point me in the right directon!
Thanks again!

So the problem is, that the migration of the spreed app didn’t work correctly. I don’t know why.

Here is how migrations are working:
https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/15/developer_manual/app/storage/migrations.html

You could try something with the occ migration command, something like

./occ migrations:migrate spreed

There are also different migration commands - try it.

This is the migration file you are missing:

First I’d try the migration command, if that doesn’t help I’d build a SQL Statement to create the table by myself. It could be that you are missing more tables than only the session table.

Greetings

okay, sorry - seems like I talked bullshit.
I’ll continue discussion here: Error after installing · Issue #5261 · nextcloud/spreed · GitHub

Dear devs, any news about this issue? It’s a true pity not being able to use the app :frowning:

See here for a workaround. NC 21 and Talk 11 not wroking after migration to nc21 [solved] Worked for me.

1 Like