My Nextcloud setup not running because of an Internal Server Error

Nextcloud version: 23.0.0
Operating system and version: Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS
Apache or nginx version: Apache/2.4.41 (Ubuntu)
PHP version: 7.4

Hi everyone,

my name is Max and I am a secondary student spending his free time doing some programming.
For testing purposes I downloaded the Nextcloud ZIP last week,
to set it up on an Ubuntu server in the private home network.

I have done all the steps and preliminary work (Apache, MySQL, etc.).
Now I’ve encountered a problem for which I haven’t found a solution yet.
The following appears in the Apache error log (browser displays 500 Internal Server Error):

The output of your Apache system log in /var/log/MYAPP.error:

PHP Warning:  include(/var/www/MY-PATH/lib/composer/composer/../../../lib/private/Log/PsrLoggerAdapter.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/MY-PATH/lib/composer/composer/ClassLoader.php on line 571 
PHP Warning:  include(): Failed opening '/var/www/MY-PATH/lib/composer/composer/../../../lib/private/Log/PsrLoggerAdapter.php' for inclusion (include_path='/var/www/MY-PATH/3rdparty/pear/archive_tar:/var/www/MY-PATH/3rdparty/pear/console_getopt:/var/www/MY-PATH/3rdparty/pear/pear-core-minimal/src:/var/www/MY-PATH/3rdparty/pear/pear_exception:/var/www/MY-PATH/apps') in /var/www/MY-PATH/lib/composer/composer/ClassLoader.php on line 571 
PHP Warning:  include(/var/www/MY-PATH/lib/composer/composer/../../../lib/private/Log/PsrLoggerAdapter.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/MY-PATH/lib/composer/composer/ClassLoader.php on line 571 
PHP Warning:  include(): Failed opening '/var/www/MY-PATH/lib/composer/composer/../../../lib/private/Log/PsrLoggerAdapter.php' for inclusion (include_path='/var/www/MY-PATH/3rdparty/pear/archive_tar:/var/www/MY-PATH/3rdparty/pear/console_getopt:/var/www/MY-PATH/3rdparty/pear/pear-core-minimal/src:/var/www/MY-PATH/3rdparty/pear/pear_exception:/var/www/MY-PATH/apps') in /var/www/MY-PATH/lib/composer/composer/ClassLoader.php on line 571 
PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getLogger() on null in /var/www/MY-PATH/index.php:71\nStack trace:\n#0 {main}\n  thrown in /var/www/MY-PATH/index.php on line 71

Maybe you have an idea what could be the reason or what a possible solution would look like?

I would be very happy if you could help me!

Thanks in advance and best regards!
Max

Hello,

can you please show us the config.php file?

Did you configure redis?

Hi,

thanks for your offering of help!
In the meantime, I reset the whole virtual machine on which I tried to run the apache service.
Now, it is working. I didn’t configure any redis.
But retrospectively, I think it was just a problem with privileges on using the corresponding folders in /var/www/MY-APP.

Kind regards
Max