Moving ncdata to new external drive after a restore

Support intro

Basically got to the point of recovering my system using a new SD card and new Pi4 but can’t move data or use new and bigger SSD.

Nextcloud version: 22.2.2/1.45, this post was very helpful
Apache:
PHP version: 7.4,

Things I have tried.

1. Used restore. I booted with new drive, auto mounted ran restore. But gave a something went wrong error after about 45min. If I look at the new drive it’s was missing ncdata.
  2. used dd to clone drives, it completed but ncdata is there, gparted showed that it took up the same level of data but folder wasn’t listed.

Currently in the situation where I boot up with 1Tssd cloned drive (without a ncdata) dir.

Browser error is:
Your data directory is invalid Ensure there is a file called “.ocdata” in the root of the data directory. Your data directory is not writable Permissions can usually be fixed by giving the webserver write access to the root directory. See Installation wizard — Nextcloud latest Administration Manual latest documentation.

It seems insainly difficult to do what seems like a regular task, upgrading storage. I love NC and will get there eventually but this should be a few clicks and the time of a data copy. What am I missing?

Hi, I’ve had a similar issue in the past. You can find the whole discussion here: [NextcloudPi]Power outage broke Nextcloud configuration. Cannot set data folder - #3 by conectionist.
See if anything in the discussion thread helps you fix your problem. If not we’ll try something else. :wink:

Thanks for the response @conectionish, I’ll try again this weekend.