Moved and need help changing IP address settings

I am having a hell of a time figuring out how to set back up my nextcloud I have on my Rock64. I moved and change ISP’s. Is there anyone that can help walk me through this? I KNOW it has got to be something simple.

I can’t get it to pull up using the URL I made for it on noip. I changed the old IP on noip for the new one but no luck. I did a factory reset on my router, so I can’t remember if I had messed with anything on that or not.

Thanks…

How did you told the noip service, which ip you have at the moment?

In my Case I use a Fritzbox router and adjusted it in there.
On the other hand there is a client which you can run on your server to tell the service which IP the server got.

I have noip forwarding requests to the new IP address. I’m sure I have this screwed up in a couple of places but the router doesn’t seem to be forwarding correctly and I keep getting a “Your connection is not secure” error when I try to access the nextcloud. It will not allow me to add an exception either. Any thoughts or ideas???

Thanks!

I know it has been some time since my last post. I am still in the same boat. I have been researching and looking with no real answers. When I try to pull up my nextcloud server, I am getting a “Secure Connection Failed” error in the web browser. It also states:

An error occurred during a connection to 11bravovet.ddns.net. SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length. Error code: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

Does this have something to do with Let’s Encrypt or the SSL connection???

Thank you guys for your help and time!

Ok so I FINALLY got to the bottom of my problem and found out that it was a port forwarding issue.

–HOWEVER–

I am only getting http and not SSL. Port 443 is open but still getting the same error message. ANy idea what I am doing wrong?

What information do I need to post?

Thank you!

Finally:

There are some warnings regarding your setup.

• Accessing site insecurely via HTTP. You are strongly adviced to set up your server to require HTTPS instead, as described in the security tips :arrow_upper_right:.

• Your web server is not properly set up to resolve “/.well-known/caldav”. Further information can be found in the documentation.

• Your web server is not properly set up to resolve “/.well-known/carddav”. Further information can be found in the documentation.

• You are currently running PHP 7.0.33-0ubuntu0.16.04.6. Upgrade your PHP version to take advantage of performance and security updates provided by the PHP Group as soon as your distribution supports it.

• The database is missing some indexes. Due to the fact that adding indexes on big tables could take some time they were not added automatically. By running “occ db:add-missing-indices” those missing indexes could be added manually while the instance keeps running. Once the indexes are added queries to those tables are usually much faster.

• Missing index “parent_index” in table “oc_share”.
    • Missing index “owner_index” in table “oc_share”.
    • Missing index “initiator_index” in table “oc_share”.
    • Missing index “fs_mtime” in table “oc_filecache”.
  • This instance is missing some recommended PHP modules. For improved performance and better compatibility it is highly recommended to install them.
    imagick

• Some columns in the database are missing a conversion to big int. Due to the fact that changing column types on big tables could take some time they were not changed automatically. By running ‘occ db:convert-filecache-bigint’ those pending changes could be applied manually. This operation needs to be made while the instance is offline. For further details read the documentation page about this.

• filecache.mtime
    • filecache.storage_mtime

Please double check the installation guides :arrow_upper_right:, and check for any errors or warnings in the log.

Check the security of your Nextcloud over our security scan :arrow_upper_right:.

I have been trying to get to the bottom of the SSL connection and it keeps bringing up more issues and problems. UGH! Oh well. I guess I need to figure out these before? I just did two upgrades to Nextcloud and there is still 16.0.4 still out there but no upgrade button. I am currently on 15.0.11 now.

Where do I start? What is priority here?

Thank you guys!