Missing upgrade button on nextcloud 17.09

Nextcloud version: 17.09
Operating system and version: debian
Apache or nginx version:
PHP version: 7.3

The issue you are facing:

I run nextcloud on a shared host, without ssh access, so I depend on the web updater. Now nextcloud tells me there is an upgrade to 18.08, but there is no button to start the web updater.

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): Yes

Steps to replicate it:

1. Open settings/admin/overview

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

Tid
Error	PHP	Invalid argument supplied for foreach() at /home/alwebdk/public_html/nc/apps/serverinfo/lib/Os.php#155		2020-09-02T09:12:43+0200
Error	PHP	Undefined variable: result at /home/alwebdk/public_html/nc/apps/serverinfo/lib/OperatingSystems/DefaultOs.php#173		2020-09-02T09:12:43+0200
Error	PHP	Invalid argument supplied for foreach() at /home/alwebdk/public_html/nc/apps/serverinfo/templates/settings-admin.php#101		2020-09-02T09:12:43+0200
Error	PHP	Undefined variable: result at /home/alwebdk/public_html/nc/apps/serverinfo/lib/OperatingSystems/DefaultOs.php#173		2020-09-02T09:12:42+0200
Error	PHP	A non-numeric value encountered at /home/alwebdk/public_html/nc/apps/serverinfo/lib/OperatingSystems/DefaultOs.php#52

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'instanceid' => 'ocf9sj0lp6vh',
  'passwordsalt' => '[deleted by Mod /JK]',
  'secret' => '[deleted by Mod /JK]',
  'trusted_domains' => 
  array (
    0 => 'nc.alweb.dk',
  ),
  'datadirectory' => '/home/alwebdk/nextclouddata',
  'dbtype' => 'mysql',
  'version' => '17.0.9.2',
  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://nc.alweb.dk',
  'dbname' => 'alwebdk_nc',
  'dbhost' => 'localhost',
  'dbport' => '',
  'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',
  'dbuser' => 'alwebdk_nc',
  'dbpassword' => '[deleted by Mod /JK]',
  'installed' => true,
  'maintenance' => false,
  'theme' => '',
  'loglevel' => 2,
  'updater.release.channel' => 'stable',
);

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:

PASTE HERE

Maybe your hoster doesn’t want you to update?

I’d talk to them in first place.

Unlikely. I installed it myself, and they allowed it so far. This is an internal issue in nextcloud, AFAICS.

ok. so you might wanna search the forum for something like update button missing? i can remember that there has been threads about that

awww. btw: you might definitly wanna delete your passwordsalt and secret… no… even better i’m gonna do that for you.
pls consider your instance as being possibly compromised :frowning:

Thank you. Maybe the template should contain a note about that, since it tells me to paste that file.

Changing php version from managed (7.3) to the explicit version of 7.3 helped. Very odd, but at least I am now able to update.