Missing index after update to version 25.0.1

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): 25.0.1
PHP version (eg, 7.4): 8.0.26

The issue you are facing:

I get the message that some index is missing. I should run: occ db:add-missing-indices.
However, I cannot run this, because I have no sudo and I also cannot run occ without many error messages.
Missing index: “preferences_app_key” in table “oc_preferences”.

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): Y

Is it possible to add the index manually in the MyPHPAdmin application?

Many Thanks for help

right behind that message is a link… you should click it to see how to solve this problem. Plus: there are dozens of the same problems here on the forum. So please first search for your problem and then open a new thread

This command or one similar to it is needed almost every major version upgrade. So, I would focus on the occ problem and resolve that because you will have to do this again.

Hi,

the solution is to use the app “occ web”.

Thx