Missing Folder Icons after Upgrade (Migration) to v11

Hi

Due to a corrupt OS on my NextCloud 9 server, I decided to spend my Christmas rebuilding a new NextCloud server.
Previous server was Ubuntu 14.04 running latest v9 as a guest on Proxmox. I managed to export the database and config before the OS completely died.
I then built a new Nextcloud v11 guest running on Debian 8. I attached the previous data disk image containing the NextCloud data, copied in the config.php and migrated the database onto the new server.

After running occ upgrade I discovered that you cannot upgrade from v9 >> v11 so I deleted the NC installation and installed v10, ran occ upgrade then installed NC 11 and ran the database upgrade again.

Initially everything seemed to go OK but I realised that my folder icons in the web gui are missing.
Following the suggestion in another forum post I tried to disable the theming app. However when I go into the apps section as an administrator the enabled and disabled Apps lists are all empty.
I have also noticed that my previous Avatar isn’t showing and I am unable to update my profile picture. After selecting an image I just get the spinning wheel.
I have also noticed a lot of the following exceptions in the log:

OCP\Files\NotFoundException: 
/var/www/html/lib/private/Files/Node/Node.php - line 223: OC\Files\Node\Node->getFileInfo()
/var/www/html/lib/private/Files/Node/Node.php - line 106: OC\Files\Node\Node->getPermissions()
/var/www/html/lib/private/Files/Node/Folder.php - line 144: OC\Files\Node\Node->checkPermissions(4)
/var/www/html/lib/private/Files/AppData/AppData.php - line 112: OC\Files\Node\Folder->newFolder('10')
/var/www/html/apps/theming/lib/ImageManager.php - line 64: OC\Files\AppData\AppData->newFolder('10')
/var/www/html/apps/theming/lib/ImageManager.php - line 90: OCA\Theming\ImageManager->getCacheFolder()
/var/www/html/apps/theming/lib/Controller/IconController.php - line 100: OCA\Theming\ImageManager->setCachedImage('icon-core-filet...', '<svg xmlns="htt...')
[internal function] OCA\Theming\Controller\IconController->getThemedIcon('core', 'filetypes/appli...')
/var/www/html/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php - line 160: call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
/var/www/html/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php - line 90: OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher->executeController(Object(OCA\Theming\Controller\IconController), 'getThemedIcon')
/var/www/html/lib/private/AppFramework/App.php - line 114: OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(OCA\Theming\Controller\IconController), 'getThemedIcon')
/var/www/html/lib/private/AppFramework/Routing/RouteActionHandler.php - line 47: OC\AppFramework\App main('IconController', 'getThemedIcon', Object(OC\AppFramework\DependencyInjection\DIContainer), Array)
[internal function] OC\AppFramework\Routing\RouteActionHandler->__invoke(Array)
/var/www/html/lib/private/Route/Router.php - line 299: call_user_func(Object(OC\AppFramework\Routing\RouteActionHandler), Array)
/var/www/html/lib/base.php - line 1010: OC\Route\Router->match('/apps/theming/i...')
/var/www/html/index.php - line 40: OC handleRequest()
{main}

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
thanks

1 Like

Hi
Resurrecting this post now as it is still an issue but becoming more of a problem.
The folder icons are still missing and after inspecting the HTML of the file list, the folder icon path is pointing to:

background-image:url(/index.php/apps/theming/img/core/filetypes/folder.svg?v=10); background-size: 32px;

However, there is no ‘core’ folder within /apps/theming/img

I have just spun up a pre-built nextcloud appliance which works OK and examined the folder icon on that. The path used is:

background-image:url(/nextcloud/core/img/filetypes/folder.svg); background-size: 32px;

So the working nextcloud server is looking in /core/img for the folder icons but my broken server is looking in /apps/theming/img

On my broken server I can see the folder.svg file in /core/img/filetypes/ so how to I tell nextcloud to look there instead?

Hope somebody can help with this!

thanks