Mint-18.2 Hosting with SSL using (name) Vhosting on single IP

I’ve been searching for details on SSL setup for Nextcloud that may include the use of “name” Vhost configurations.

I have a successful instance of NextCloud running on a “name” Vhost, however have not been very successful with the SSL portion. I was able to get a configuration to work for me inside my LAN, but those outside complained that they had no response when using https://{NextCloud site.com}

<VirtualHost :443>
** ServerName mysite.com.com
** DocumentRoot /var/www/html/nextcloud**

** CustomLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/access.log combined**
** ErrorLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/error-0.log**

** <Directory /var/www/html/nextcloud>**
** AllowOverride All**
** Order Allow,Deny**
** Allow from all**
** Require all granted**

# Example SSL configuration
** SSLEngine on**
** SSLProtocol all -SSLv2**
** SSLCipherSuite HIGH:MEDIUM:!aNULL:!MD5**
** SSLCertificateFile “/var/ssl/certs/mycertificate.crt”**
** SSLCertificateKeyFile “/var/ssl/private/nopassword.key”**

This Vhost file MUST be the FIRST one listed in /etc/apache2/sites-enabled folder.

Using WireShark I was able to confirm that the packets were indeed encapsulated within SSLv2 packets.

I think the reason my own computer saw these files was the keys were in it. However two family cell phones also worked inside the LAN. However outside the LAN in the Public Internet the phones and other users could not connect.

I sent the key to two of my friends… however could not get them working. Perhaps they did not install the key in the right location…

I captured certificate info and the “self signed” cert data was correct.

some HELP would be appreciated.

If you’re requesting paid help here, OK, otherwise I’ll move this to the support category.

I thought the purpose of this was to SHARE knowledge about NextCloud… not a job shop

You’ve chosen the freelancing category… which “provide[s] a place for Nextcloud Freelancers to find and connect with organizations looking for some help developing custom Nextcloud capabilities.”

Just clarifying your position. Moved.

where are you moving it ? URL please ?

Well This actually worked. So if you’re having trouble with name virtual hosting on port 443 this is it.

Mint 18.2 the same Ubuntu 16 this is tutorial how install SSL. I check it on Mint 18.2 32bit
https://krzy.ru/all/kak-ustanovit-ssl-sertifikat-na-sayt-c-apache2-na-ubuntu/
but its russian