Migration from NC19 to NC22 problem - This version of Nextcloud is not compatible with > PHP 7.3.<br/>You are currently running 8.0.8

I am migrating a NC19 /php7.3 installation to another NC22 /php8.0 installation. The new installation is running with no problems. I now want to migrate the data and users to the new install.
I am following the instructions from here Nextcloud Sicher- & Wiederherstellung – Carsten Rieger IT-Services
I understand that these instructions are meant for restoring an installation to its original status. But hoped I could use them also for the migration to a new setup.
I have changed php7.3 to php8.0 in all relevant commands
When coming to the last two commands
sudo -u www-data php8.0 /var/www/nextcloud/occ maintenance:data-fingerprint
and
sudo -u www-data php8.0 /var/www/nextcloud/occ maintenance:mode --off
I get this error This version of Nextcloud is not compatible with > PHP 7.3.
You are currently running 8.0.8.

Is the problem that the copy of the old database is not compatible with the newly installed? If so how can I migrate the old database?

Or is the problem that I have replaced to new server with a copy of the old? I have followed the instruction and removed the new server by
rm -r /var/www/nextcloud/
and replaced that with a copy from the old
tar -xpzf /home/osusername/ncserver_1.tar.gz -C /var/www/nextcloud/
I guess that may be incorrect when moving to a new server. If so are there any special fields that I should copy over from the old server?