Map did not point to correct contact (address book/group) link

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version : 22.2.3
Operating system and version : Debian 11
Apache or nginx version: 2.4.52
PHP version : 7.4
Contacts version : 4.0.7
Map version : 0.1.10

The issue you are facing:
On the contact/map combination a at map shown contact did not reference the correct link to the contact page.

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): yes (but did not used it before)

Steps to replicate it:

1. Set UI Language to an other language (e.g. german)
  2. Install map and contact app
  3. Create an additional address book (e.g. Partner) and on this address book an additional group (e.g. Gemeinden)
  4. Create a contact with avalid address (street, city, …)

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

n/a

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

n/a

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:

n/a

Example:
I created an address book ‘Partner’ and the group ‘Gemeinden’ on this adress book.
On this addess book and group i created a contact ‘Address: Rebhuhnstraße 18, Postal code: 82140, City: Olching’ (a address at my home town).
Using the group ‘Gemeinden’ on the address book the link to the contact is:
‘https://…/contacts/Gemeinden/d30f5461-4d1c-4791-ae89-2309a37622db~partner
Or (if i use ‘all contacts’ on german UI ‘Alle Kontakte’:
‘https://…/contacts/Alle%20Kontakte/d30f5461-4d1c-4791-ae89-2309a37622db~partner
On the Map the shown (and referenced) link is:
‘https://…/contacts/All Contacts/d30f5461-4d1c-4791-ae89-2309a37622db~contacts

So it seams that the neither right address book and contact group nor the language is used correct.
I think the reference only works with the default language (english) and the default address book and group.
Hope the problem get fixed soon™ :wink:.
Many thanks

linked to this issue?

This is the other way round. The description of the ‘Only a few contacts …’ thread discribed that the Map did not show all contacts (even if the address is given).
My problem describe that the contact links shown on the Map did not point to the correct entry on the contact app.

As you can see in the other thread, there are already open bug reports. You can add another one. However, many reports are open for some time, just basic maintenance is done to make it work on the new NC versions. So, don’t expect a quick solution.