"main dialog" unavailable on Ubuntu 20.04

Hello,

I have the same problem as mentioned in the german article Desktop Client unter Linux macht Probleme - on my side on Ubuntu 20.04. I can’t open the “main dialog”. I’ve been observing this for a few weeks (months?) and therefore even before I updated to the current Client version 3.4. My problem now is that with this I also lack the ability to configure a further Nextcloud server to sync with. The “Settings” works fine, a click on “Open main dialog” doesn’t show any reaction.

I tried via the start of the client with option “–logdebug” to get more info, but when clicking on “Open main dialog” no log entry appears.

Package version currently is “3.4.1-20211227.062515.fa32c1001-1.0~focal1”.

Are there more debug possibilities?

could it be related to 3.4.0: no popup when clicking on the taskbar icon · Issue #4017 · nextcloud/desktop · GitHub ?
look at answer 3.4.0: no popup when clicking on the taskbar icon · Issue #4017 · nextcloud/desktop · GitHub - and follow the link to find more information and hints… (like downgrading to 3.3.6 and more)

pls let the forum know if these links were of any help for you

Thanks, yes it seems to be the linked Bug: Main dialog window does not open - Ubuntu · Issue #4069 · nextcloud/desktop · GitHub

I’ll wait for Client version 3.4.2 and recheck then.