Mail templates options

I would like to see the mail templates feature being extended with some features.

If a share is password protected, we need to send a separate mail with the password. It would be easier is the password variable could be added to the mail template. Yes i know it’s not safe, but still a lot safer then an unprotected link for all to see by google:) By using a addable variable in the template everyone can choose for thenselves.

secondly it would be great if there could be send a different mail for sending, or receiving files. I would like to inform a guest in different ways for downloading or uploading files. Maybe there could be a drop down when sharing a file/folder for which mail you would like to send?

For your first proposal, there is already a feature request from owncloud with discussions: https://github.com/owncloud/core/issues/11682

Thought I’d bring this up here instead of opening a new post.

Hopefully this has been requested: I’d like the ability to preview or test email templates, and upload a custom logo instead of overwriting the theme’s GIF image… Is this on the roadmap?

:slight_smile:

Good question. It’s currently hard to track your feature request and what priority they have (unless there is someone working on it on github). I opened a discussion on how we can improve the situation, if you have ideas don’t hesitate to join: