Mail send button greyed out

Hello,

I’ve an issue with the default email client. The account has been configured properly but I can’t send any email. The reason is simple: the send button is greyed out.

Any idea ?

Hi,

I’ve the same isssue. I can only send mails to people who are in the address book. If I only enter an unknown recipient address, the button turns gray.

That isn’t true from my experience.

Yes, the button is grey after typing an email address.

Then click into the address field and select the address.

Button turns black and you can send your email.

Tested with mail app v1.3.2 some minutes ago.

Ok, i will confirm that. But something confuses people and produces unnecessary questions. The ease of use is modest. If I enter an address, I would like to be able to send immediately.

You are absolutly right.

Feel free to report this here:

Please check already existing issues before filing new one to avoid dups.

This bug ist related to

3 Likes

Yep, this confuses colleagues every time.

Yes it’s almost ridiculous, and completely counterintuitive, Having to actually train even experienced users to do something like that where you don’t on any other web-based platform that I’ve encountered - the whole reason this thread is here.

1 Like

I registered just so I could post here: I totally fell into this trap too. Thought I’d have to set up my own mail server or something before googling “nextcloud email button” :sweat_smile:

Issue has been addressed and fixed. See issue mentioned above.

Hi all, I ran into exactly the same issue today, NC-Hub 25.02, Mail 2.2.2, it does not seem to be solved.

BtW, thanks for the thread, very helpful to me.

Rgds
Felix

1 Like

I don’t think this is resolved yet. I still see this regularly on the latest version. If you try to paste in an email address to a new email, the send button will be greyed out unless you specifically click on the address in the To field dropdown.

1 Like

Please add your comment to GitHub issue. Thanks.

1 Like

Very confusing - is there a fix for this - I shouldn’t need to add address to address book first.

This topic was automatically closed after 18 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.