Mac Desktop client 3.6.4 hangs when adding new files on 25.0.2.3 server

Server v 25.0.2.3
Client 3.6.4git (build 12826)
Host OS: MacOS 13.1 (Ventura)

The issue you are facing:
The client is able to sync files from the server to the local host, but if I add new files to the local file system that is being sync’ed, the client hangs, meaning that the sync does not complete and the desktop becomes unresponsive (spinning wheel over the client icon)

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N):
I started seeing the issue today, despite that this setup has been working for ~3 years (though many upgrades). There has not been any client upgrade recently, although the server may have upgraded.

Steps to replicate it:

1. Remove the existing sync connection, and rename the local directory that have been syncing
  2. Add a new sync connection, creating a new local directory in the process
  3. The client will sync all files from the server (~29GB) as expected. The client icon goes to a green checkmark, and on inspection all files are synchronized as expected
  4. Add a new file to the local file system that is syncing
  5. Notice that the client picks up the new file, and begins sync’ing (client icon goes to blue circle arrows)
  6. Client does not complete the sync and the client hangs such that when placing the cursor over the client icon, you see the spinning beachball and cannot interact with the client.

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

#=#=#=#=# Propagation starts 2023-01-05T00:39:11Z (last step: 894 msec, total: 894 msec)
||ExCoShare/Partnerships & Strategic Initiatives/KoreConX|8|2|1672878760|63b61aa8dccd1|0|00062443ocbmmrp7e6ox|4||0|0|0||
||ExCoShare/Partnerships & Strategic Initiatives/KoreConX/LexisNexis|8|2|1672878760|63b61aa8da493|0|00062444ocbmmrp7e6ox|4||0|0|0||
#=#=#=# Syncrun finished 2023-01-05T00:39:13Z (last step: 1239 msec, total: 2134 msec)
#=#=#=# Syncrun started 2023-01-05T00:58:23Z
#=#=#=#=# Propagation starts 2023-01-05T00:58:23Z (last step: 353 msec, total: 353 msec)

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

PASTE HERE

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:

PASTE HERE

PASTE HERE

Output errors in nextcloud.log in /var/www/ or as admin user in top right menu, filtering for errors. Use a pastebin service if necessary.

PASTE HERE

Correction - this issue has not been resolved.

After removing the NextCloud mac client, and removing the contents of the ~/Library/Preferences/Nextcloud directory, then doing a fresh install of the client, this issue is no longer occurring. Assume that something had been corrupted in the Preferences, but am unable to find any detailed clues.

Do you remember if you had set upload/download limits before the sync started failing? I restored an old configuration from the folder you mentioned and the sync was working again. The only differences I found were concerning the up/down limits and the window geometries.

Fairly certain that I did not have any limits set, but it is working now. Apologies for the lack of feedback.