Lost the ability to use image slideshows in Files view on shared links

Note: a workaround exists, see here: https://github.com/nextcloud/photos/issues/128#issuecomment-605700824

Nextcloud version (eg, 12.0.2): 18.0.3
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 17.04): Debian 9.11
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): nginx/1.14.1
PHP version (eg, 7.1): PHP 7.3.10

The issue you are facing:

Since the upgrade to NC 18, shared links lost the ability to show image slideshow in Files. The browser insists on forcing the download of the clicked images. If I log in via any user, the same folder works as expected, showing the slideshow. I click on any link, opens up the image viewer, I can go to next/prev image, etc. Tried multiple browsers: Latest FF and Chrome both exhibits the same behavior. Cleared cache. No groups are defined, only users. In effect, I can’t share a file folder with images to provide an easy way to browse them as I used to be able in previous versions.

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): Y

Steps to replicate it:

See description above.

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

Since it looks like a loss of functionality, I’m not sure if logs are relevant but I can provide them if needed. I see no other problems besides this.

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

Same as above.

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:

Same as above.

There is acually a bug or it is the new app.

Look a demo account from Nextcloud.

That’s exactly what I’m experiencing. Clicking on a file shows the file download dialog, instead of starting the slideshow app as before.

The slideshow uses the functions from internal links like

https://cloud.domain.tld/index.php/apps/files/?dir=/dir1/dir2&fileid=123

That does not work with public links.

Yes, it does work with public links. At least it used to work before NC 18. That’s why I opened this issue.

Yes. A bug. Read

Yep, sorry, 18.0.3 is an unexpected security update.
18.0.4 it is :slight_smile:

Apparently 23rd of April is the planned date.

Thanks for the heads-up. I might use the workaround in the meantime and install the app from NC 17. It’s one of the most useful features in NC (sharing photos with acquaintances without providing a login).

1 Like