Lost Power - SQL Broken - Possible to Restore?

Nextcloud version: 11.0.2 (stable)
Operating system and version: Ubuntu 16.10
Apache or nginx version: Apache 2.4.18
PHP version: PHP 7.0.15-0ubuntu0.16.10.2 (cli) ( NTS )
Is this the first time you’ve seen this error?: Yes

Issue:

My server running Nextcloud lost power a couple days ago, and, of course, SQL doesn’t like when that happens. I was unsuccessful in getting SQL running again, and tried everything that I could to recover. MySQL couldn’t connect through mysql.sock, I couldn’t create a mysqldump, and I couldn’t backup the database. Long story short, I uninstalled SQL, and was able to backup all of my files, and the contents of /var/lib/mysql (so I have all of my .frm, .ibd files), /var/lib/mysql-files, /var/lib/mysql-keyring, and I believe, /etc/mysql. I have all my data, so that’s okay… My problem now is that I need, if possible, to restore passman to obtain my passwords before I rebuild my nextcloud server. Is this possible? Did I lose all of my passwords? I use Veeam to backup through Hyper-V, where my Nextcloud VM runs, but I stopped backing up this server after upgrading my host. It was on my laundry list of things to fix on my home network… Now it’s biting me in the ass.

I would try to restore your old Nextcloud session in a virtual server, then you should be able to access your old data and export it properly. If you have a current SQL dump and all the data from the time of the dump, you could try to restore your complete server instead of installing a new one.

I’m running nextcloud in a VM. I cannot backup the database or access any bit of the database. I cannot get a SQL dump either. Whatever happened to the database really broke it.

From that I somehow thought you were able to restore the database-content. From the description of the app (allows password sharing), it is very likely that all the app-data are stored in your database.

Big time :frowning:

Can you import the database on another host?