Loolwsd.xml override

I have native CODE installed using debian packages in a minimal nspawn container for more than a year a now. Everything runs smooth and I would like to thank the developers for this great project.

One annoyance I have while dealing with Collabora updates is to check the diff between the new and old loolwsd.xml to include any new functionality and at the same time adding my modifications regarding SSL, languages and domain names.

My question is about if there is any possibility to add my custom config to a different file like /etc/loolwsd/loolwsd.xml.d/override.xml to avoid being overwrote while updating and to ease the application of my custom modifications while keeping everything well organized?

1 Like

Same here with native packages, diff or meld donโ€™t work that well to compare xml.
Perhaps @timar could give a hint :wink:

you can use systemd service unit overrides to give your options as startup parameters.

For example:

# systemctl edit loolwsd.service

[Service]
ExecStart=
ExecStart=/usr/bin/loolwsd --version --o:sys_template_path=/opt/lool/systemplate --o:child_root_path=/opt/lool/child-roots --o:file_server_root_path=/usr/share/loolwsd \
    --o:allowed_languages="de en_GB en_US es_ES fr_FR it_IT ru" \
    --o:num_prespawn_children=4 \
    --o:per_document.redlining_as_comments=true \
    --o:net.post_allow.host[7]=10.0.3.[0-9]{1,3} --o:net.post_allow.host[8]=::ffff:10.0.3.[0-9]{1,3} \
    --o:storage.wopi.host[1]=mycloud.example.com --o:storage.wopi.host[2]=my2ndcloud.example.com \
    --o:admin_console.enable_pam=true

if you enter line breaks for better readability donโ€™t forget to add \ at every line except for the last :wink:

2 Likes

That is exactly what I was looking for.

Tried it and it is working as expected. Thank you very much.

1 Like