Looking for substitute for share link renamer

hello,

as I got upgraded to NC 12.0.1, the app share link renamer stopped working,
I am looking for a substitute that I can rename the glibberish of the shared link to a readable name.

Is there anything I didn’t see yet?

The app is actually still working. If you download the app, place it in your apps folder (and adapt the file permissions), you can edit the file
/nextcloud/apps/sharerenamer/appinfo/info.xml

Edit the dependencies to match your current version. I have the following content and it works for me in latest 12.0.1

<dependencies>
            <owncloud min-version="8.0" max-version="11.0"/>
            <nextcloud min-version="9.0" max-version="12.0"/>
    </dependencies>

and then it doesn’t happen as in the second last post here?

thats why I skipped that.

Well, it works perfectly fine for me. Just tested and I could perfectly access my shared folder:

https://myserver.com/s/myTestFolder

Who knows where the PHP error in the other thread came from.

There is a fork that is reported to be compatible with NC12:

2 Likes

thanks I will try that today :slight_smile:

thank you both, after changing the max-version in the xml file, it works again.

update that dowsn’t work it shows an fatal error if I want to rename the link.

Then please notify the developer of this app.

ok i see, he has forked it but the release is a old one, i needed to apply the fork by myself or pull the zip

This should work: https://github.com/LazyShpee/sharerenamer

Hope he/she will upload it to the app store soon.

I really liked this feature, but i am wondering if renaming a Link should be “normal” feature of the sharing-process in a future release since it is a pretty basic feature 

That said, this app doesn’t work for me. I installed and activated it via command:
wget https://github.com/LazyShpee/sharerenamer/archive/master.zip && unzip master.zip && rm master.zip && sudo mv sharerenamer-master/ /var/www/nextcloud/apps/ && sudo chown -R www-data:www-data /var/www/nextcloud/apps/ && sudo -u www-data php /var/www/nextcloud/occ app:enable sharerenamer-master
It said “sharerenamer-master enabled”, but it didn’t work.
I checked Addons via Web-GUI, but the Addon was not activated. When i tried to activate it, it said “Could not download app sharerenamer”.
What did i do wrong?

I managed to get a workaround using the Database itself: update oc_share set token = ‘readablestring’ where token = ‘brghwegtsfatg’;
Though it is not pretty and definitely not scalable and user-friendly, it works if you don’t need it often.
Maybe this helps someone :slight_smile:

Easy fix: just rename the “sharerenamer-master” in “sharerenamer” and you’re able to activate the app via Web-GUI.

sudo mv /var/www/nextcloud/apps/sharerenamer-master /var/www/nextcloud/apps/sharerenamer

Found it here.

Enjoy and thanks.

I am wondering what’s the issue with renaming the shares, because that is still not implemented?

Yeah, would be nice to have as a ‘standard’ feature. My use case would be for kind of making my own CDN. I can have a few small virtual machines in different places, and use Anycast so a user gets the file from the closest of my machines.

But for that to work with links, each Nextcloud instance would need to have the same link name (and password) set.

I loved share renamer and was hoping that eventually it would be updated or there would be a fix. I guess not?