Login form not showing on Chrome

@sambilanet
I suspected it to be a javascript issue! When I use the inspect on chrome I have some js files missing and even n the log there is a js missing but even in the install file there is no such file! But why it is only on Chrome not other browsers!

1 Like

Post details.

Check Nextcloud not working on chrome (js issues, headers wont load) - #2 by Schmu from @Schmu as well…

@devnull

in loggin I have this
"Warning: no app in context Could not detect any host in http:///data/htaccesstest.txt "
Why it is thee forward slashes!

I have also lots of things like this:
Array
(
[core] => Array
(
[INVALID_HASH] => Array
(
[3rdparty/symfony/polyfill-iconv/Resources/charset/from.cp037.php] => Array
(
[expected] => 3eb6774b1094a98651ce62957aac15c2621d6c69a030d9e51af7d62c8d49272025c1c9fac16413dae934fc5e90e43cfd0c9bee61ed1e8852fc632f890ff43311
[current] => 6a9e49578f668adc2634bcaea89b0b521ce4f3699fe5454c4b4952d9ebafe727c64a7bcf08ccb056c10843ad2e63885babf1b34a9ebc3b83339f69722f78cfee

I can’t find the log file in the server, so i created a system report.

I did a fresh install, still the same issue, now it works only on Firefox, no longer on Edge:)
see link to the page below:

@sambilanet
I am not using any Cloudflare or any 3rd party thing on the server…I am not even using a CDN…
is there any stable version of NextCloud that you think may work!

Oh Sh*** Shtrange ;). You are right this is on the server. I can´t open it with Brave or Chrome.

Please try this first:

Somehow I thought this has to do with php or php.ini.

If this don´t help you can define a Logfile inside your /var/www/nextcloud/config/config.php with:

“log_type” => “file”,
“logfile” => “/var/log/nextcloud.log”, ← Or where ever you want…
‘logfilemode’ => 0640,
“loglevel” => “0”,
“logdateformat” => “F d, Y H:i:s”,

and send some more information.

@sambilanet
I don’t have the /var/log folders! i saw many posts mentioning them but I don’t have a var folder in the nextcloud installation files or on my server.
for this i created a log file and added this code to the config.php file
“log_type” => “file”,
“logfile” => “/log/nextcloud.log”,
‘logfilemode’ => 0640,
“loglevel” => “0”,
“logdateformat” => “F d, Y H:i:s”,
but I had an error and the website went down:)

I will test with version 18.0.9…otherwise I will see another option!

@sambilanet @devnullWhen I tried to install a new instance of NextCloud 18.0.9
I got this in the log
[Wed Sep 16 01:04:47 2020] [error] [client 216...] [host cloud.sv-herschfeld.de] AH00124: Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error. Use ‘LimitInternalRecursion’ to increase the limit if necessary. Use ‘LogLevel debug’ to get a backtrace., referer: https://cloud.sv-herschfeld.de/
[Wed Sep 16 05:18:41 2020] [error] [client 216.
..] [host cloud.sv-herschfeld.de] AH00124: Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error. Use ‘LimitInternalRecursion’ to increase the limit if necessary. Use ‘LogLevel debug’ to get a backtrace., referer: https://cloud.sv-herschfeld.de/
[Wed Sep 16 05:18:47 2020] [error] [client 216...] [host cloud.sv-herschfeld.de] AH01276: Cannot serve directory /homez.953/svhersr/www/cloud/: No matching DirectoryIndex (index.shtml,index.htm,index.html,index.cgi,index.php3,index.php,index.wml,index.asp,index.php4,index.php5,index.php6) found, and server-generated directory index forbidden by Options directive
[Wed Sep 16 09:07:58 2020] [error] [client 216.
..] [host cloud.sv-herschfeld.de] AH00124: Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error. Use ‘LimitInternalRecursion’ to increase the limit if necessary. Use ‘LogLevel debug’ to get a backtrace., referer: https://cloud.sv-herschfeld.de/
[Wed Sep 16 09:08:04 2020] [error] [client 216...*] [host cloud.sv-herschfeld.de] AH01276: Cannot serve directory /homez.953/svhersr/www/cloud/: No matching DirectoryIndex (index.shtml,index.htm,index.html,index.cgi,index.php3,index.php,index.wml,index.asp,index.php4,index.php5,index.php6) found, and server-generated directory index forbidden by Options directive

I still can get the form on Firefox, but not on any other browser.

/homez.953/ means this is a virtual server. So there is no access to “/log/nextcloud.log”,.
It should be /homez.953/svhersr/www/cloud/nextcloud.log or /svhersr/www/cloud/ depends on the virtual configuration. I see a lot of problems with the virtual hosting, because you can’t oversee everything. And every virtual hoster follows a different philosophy.

• Please change your logfile configuration first.
  • Is there any remote login like ssh ?
  • Is occ available ?

@sambilanet
yes i can access to ssh and get a command, but most commands are not working

I tried installing many other platforms but they install using commands…commends like sudo, get , update…all not working…
Where Can I find the OCC
Thank you.

Ok, this is part of the virtual hosting. Low price but less rights to increase security and spare resources :wink:
You’ll find occ usually inside your nextcloud directory. I can’t tell you the path as every hosting differs a little . ls -latr occ inside this directory might help to spot it, if you can’t use find . -name occ starting in your home directory. If you can find it let’s move on :grinning: . If not, lets see.

@sambilanet
Yes i have the occ file inside the NC directory.What Shall i do with that?
Look on how admin looks in Firefox

and how it is on Chrome

Strange!

Please execute:

occ log:manage --level error
occ log:tail
occ log:watch

and paste it here.

As strange as it may seem!
All is fixed by a small change!
I am using ovh, in the .ovhconfig file, I changed the app.engine=php to app.engine=phpcgi
now all is working on all browsers and even mobile!
I checked all my sites and sub-sites! all is working fine!
I am not an expert! but do you think this is usual!

You mean ovh the french server-hoster ?

@sambilanet
Yes indeed.

Congrats, unfortunately I have the same problem now, with two different virtual servers. Is the .ovhconfig like the .htaccess or is there any file like this outside the ovh univers?

@sambilanet
If you are not with ovh, contact your host asking them how to change the php to phpcgi.
the .ovhconfig is in the root, with the same path like www
this is what the .ovhconfig file contains
app.engine=phpcgi
app.engine.version=7.3

http.firewall=none
environment=production

container.image=stable

I hope it will work for you.

Yes and no :wink:
As I am root :mechanical_arm: I’ve installed php-cgi and now it works.
But to solve the problem with onlyoffice “loading” I had to disable caching in the nextcloud config.php.

onlyoffice loading and loading…

Thanks.

@sambilanet
Well, at least you knew something:) there is nothing perfect…it is like the flood:) you fix a part, then water comes from another:)
How did u get the documents editing working!