Login fails when entering from server path instead of separate domain

Nextcloud version 18.0.14

The issue you are facing:
I have installed NextCloud on a hosting server and used a domain I had available, e.g. domain.com
I don’t want this domain any more, so I want to enter NextCloud from a different address. But when I enter it using the default server address and the path to the installation, e.g. myserver.hosting.com/myInstallDirectory/index.php I get the login screen but it says my user or password is incorrect. It also does not send the “password reset” mail when I use this option.

I am a basic user and a newbie but have tried to find the answer over the internet, and failed to find anything I could hang on to. I found some information on NextCloud not being able to function with two addresses configured if one of them is a path, and the other is a domain, but I fail to find any details on where this can be configured. I will be most grateful for any leads.

config.php

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'instanceid' => 'redacted',
  'passwordsalt' => 'redacted',
  'secret' => 'reducted',
  'trusted_domains' => 
  array (
    0 => 'myserver.hosting.com',
  ),
  'datadirectory' => '/home/myserver/ftp/myInstallDirectory/data',
  'dbtype' => 'mysql',
  'version' => '18.0.4.2,',
  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'http://myserver.hosting.com/myInstallDirectory',
  'dbname' => 'redacted',
  'dbhost' => 'redacted',
  'dbport' => '',
  'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',
  'mysql.utf8mb4' => true,
  'dbuser' => 'redacted',
  'dbpassword' => 'redacted',
  'installed' => true,
  'maintenance' => false,
  'theme' => '',
  'loglevel' => 2,
);

Ok, I haven’t been able to fix the problem. I assume it was due to some conflict between two installations, the one I was using and the previous one, which I had used as a testing ground and I had deleted before installing the final one.

Apparently they were in some conflict, as now I have cleaned everything and installed a new instance, everything works fine…

Hi @Kabel , by default password reset option doesn’t works because no email is set up in the admin settings ( basics settings > Email Server ). After setting up a the email in admins panel, you have to set an email in you own settings of the user.

Thanks for the response :slight_smile: I will make sure to set everything up in the new installation :slight_smile:

1 Like