Log on Screen Hang?

I just install Nextcloud Ver 21.0.1 running behind Nginx Proxy Manager.

Things seem to be running just fine except when I try to login. I enter my credentials and the page sits at the ‘Logging in’ prompt. I’ve waited a few minutes to see how long it would take but I gave up after a few minutes. I opened the URL in a new Browser tab which opened up and I was logged in.

I installed the App earlier and it also does the ‘logging in’ wait.

I looked in the log, I think this references the login process but I’m not sure what it means

{“reqId”:“HjBGHwNBYHWZ3oUukvwO”,“level”:3,“time”:“2021-04-13T13:56:08+00:00”,“remoteAddr”:“My_IP_Adr”,“user”:“–”,“app”:“passman”,“method”:“GET”,“url”:“/login?clear=1”,“message”:“/appinfo/app.php is not loaded when \OCP\AppFramework\Bootstrap\IBootstrap on the application class is used. Migrate everything from app.php to the Application class.”,“userAgent”:“Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/88.0.4324.190 Safari/537.36”,“version”:“21.0.1.1”}

I see a similar message for url: /cron.php, /apps/photos/service-worker.js

I just did a tail -f on my nextcloud log and I am getting similar entries when I open Files, Photos, well it seems anytime the screen is refreshed (even opening a file) I get multiple entries in the log

edit: I found a post about lowering the log level as these entries are depreciation messages and I don’t think related to my login issue. I updated my config.php file to not log these issues, hopefully.

1 Like

So I figured out entry I thought was related to my login issue. The Passman app was experiencingan issue.
I removed Passman but it (nor did I think it would) did not have any impact on the Login Screen Hang I’m experiencing.

When I put in my Username and Password and click the logon button I get a “Logging In…” message with a spinning wheel.
If I open a new tab and goto my Nextcloud URL I am logged into NextCloud and everything works.
I left the Logon tab open and so far it’s been 20 minutes without a change.

I get the same experience if I try to login with the Android App on my phone.

I’d love to get this resolved.

Found the solution to this

in /config/config.php;

after
'overwrite.cli.url' => 'http://<domain.tld>',

add
'overwriteprotocol' => 'https',

3 Likes

Your response got my system login sorted. Thanks for posting the solution!

Solved my issue as well. Problem still there in Hub 3 v25

This solved it for me too, had the same problem. Thanks!