Log entries: Scss is disabled for /var/www/html/nextcloud/core/css/share.scss, ignoring

is this anything to worry about or am I missing something in my config/nginx installation?

Nextcloud version (eg, 10.0.2): 12.0.0
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 16.04): Debian Jessie
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): nginx 1.10.3
PHP version (eg, 5.6): 7.0
Is this the first time you’ve seen this error?: yes

Can you reliably replicate it? (If so, please outline steps):

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:
Scss is disabled for /var/www/html/nextcloud/core/css/share.scss, ignoring
Scss is disabled for /var/www/html/nextcloud/core/css/server.scss, ignoring

I just checked and I have these too?
Maybe something of version 12?
Someone any infos about that?

Confirmed, can see it too.

Not being able to load an scss stylesheet should be nothing to worry about though.

hopefully this will be fixed in next release
it does not cause any problems but it is spamming the log

I actually don’t know why debug logging has been enabled by default; we generally day-to-day don’t need to see it.

I would suggest until it’s fixed (and even after) disabling debug output as follows:

This is occurring also in me.
In my case, it always happens the moment of accessing the sign-in screen.The sign-in screen will be disturbed for a moment.

Nextcloud: 13.0.1 / CentOS 7.3 / Nginx 1.11.10 / PHP 7.1.15

1 Like

I see these error messages as well, but don’t notice any issues. And to be honest, why should there be an issue connected to this message? It is a debug message, not even an “Info”. If that message would be serious, it would be an Error or Fatal. :wink:

The debug option is not the option to be left enabled in productive environments. Only if you need to debug any real issues, you enable that. In that case it is very common, that debug messages flood your log files.

Just disable debugging and be happy, that you don’t have any Warnings, Errors or Fatals :wink:

Apart from that: there is a pull request on github for improvements regarding scss:

It is planned for NC14 and maybe these message will disappear then.

Certainly this is not a fatal problem. But when accessing Nextcloud, the display is always disturbed. It surely becomes disturbed. This is a matter of feelings, but I get the impression that the site is broken. This is because I know that I have no problem. People who do not know this may wonder about it.

Besides, I have another problem. As a result, Nextcloud.log continues to become bloated. I do not want to enlarge the log.

Hi @zoo3

I don’t mean to offend you by my statement. I believe that the site feels broken for you, but in my opinion there is another reason for it.

There are some things to be remembered for the first request to load a web site

• https handshake takes a while (with specific ciphers longer than with others)
  • css files need to be load
  • images and themes need to be loaded
  • in case the app for always new background images is enabled, a new big image needs to be loaded everytime

I believe that css and js it’s actually cached for a while, but the server can influence the caching duration.
All in all there might be some (configuration) issue on your server (not related to the scss message, as I and others see this as well, but don’t have problems with the login screen).

I suggest you open a new topic here, fill out the issue template and upload a gif or video that shows your issue, So that we can understand it better. Server configs are important here and of course logs if you say there are other messages as well (apart from scss). We will look into it and try to solve it with you.