Locked out with Yubi-Key-App

Nextcloud version (14):
PHP version (7.2):

Dear all,

I made a big mistake: I have a single-user installation of Nextcloud on my webspace. And I locked myself out from Nextcloud with the Yubikey-App. Before logging out from Nextcloud, I deactivated the Yubikey-App. But the Two-Factor-Verification is still active.

So, if I want to log in now, I get the message that my Second-Factor-Authenification-Method could not be loaded.

Is there any method to deactivate the Two-Factor-Verification so tat I can access Nextcloud with onls my username and my password? Perhaps by modification of the mysql-tables?

Thank you so much for your help!

You can use the cli on your server to reset 2FA for your user. Go to the nextcloud directory on your webserver an then use the occ-CLI to disable it:

php ./occ twofactorauth:disable <uid>

(replace the <uid> with your username)

2 Likes

Thanks a lot!

I need SSL for this, right? I have to ask my webhoster for it. (I worked only with the webinterface for the moment).

Can I simply replace with my Nextcloud-Log-In-Name? Or can there be a difference between my log-in-name and my username? Thanks again!

Yes, this should be your login name.

Since this has to run n the the same host as your Nextcloud instance (means you have to run it using the command line) there is no SSL involved.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your help. Everything worked out perfectly!

You can use the cli on your server to reset 2FA for your user. Go to the nextcloud directory on your webserver an then use the occ -CLI to disable it […]

Unfortunately this doesn’t work for me anymore.

$ occ twofactorauth:state constantin  
Two-factor authentication is enabled for user constantin

Enabled providers:
- backup_codes
- yubiotp
- totp
Disabled providers:
- u2f

When I try to disable yubiotp the following output is shown:

$ occ twofactorauth:disable constantin yubiotp
The provider does not support this operation.

Although :state show totp being an enabled provider when trying to disable it it says it wouldn’t exist.

$ occ twofactorauth:disable constantin totp   

In ProviderManager.php line 54:

The provider 'totp' does not exist'  

I’m using Nextcloud 16.4.