Local Instance - Account and Password lost

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): A fairly old version
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS x86_64
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): replace me Don’t know how to find this.
PHP version (eg, 7.4): 2:7.4+75

The issue you are facing: I am unable to “Forgot my password” as the email never reaches my inbox. I am the administrator of this nextcloud but I don’t know the administrator account name. There is nothing useful stored in the cloud right now.

I have access the the machine it runs on as root if need be. I installed this months ago and did not have time to do anything with it. Re-installing is an option. I do not know how to uninstall.

There does seem to be a /var/snap/nextcloud

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N):Y

Steps to replicate it:

1. Try to login but do not know password
  2. Ask for reset password "forgot password’
  3. See that mail does not arrive

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

PASTE HERE

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

PASTE HERE

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:

PASTE HERE

PASTE HERE

Output errors in nextcloud.log in /var/www/ or as admin user in top right menu, filtering for errors. Use a pastebin service if necessary.

PASTE HERE

no www under /var

Which version exactly?

Please start by reading snap documentation. We are volunteers, so including the logs is important. We can attempt to assist specific technical details, but not vague descriptions. Please be as specific and helpful as possible if you want us to assist you.

Hi @waspentalive,
You are missing the required support template. Please fill this form out and edit into your post.

This will give us the technical info and logs needed to help you! Thanks.

Sorry i am not a Snap expert. If you do not understand Snap please also do not use it.

Maybe you can use occ (in Snap nextcloud.occ)
documentation normal occ (not Snap occ)

occ user - commands (useful for you)

Mabe the commands also works with Snap.