I think I deleted my local files by setting up a clean new instance of my Nextcloud Server. Here is what I did:
- I had a running TrueNas VM with Nextcloud as App installed
- There were a few issues regarding the VM so that i decided to reinstall a new TrueNas Instance with Nextcloud
- I kept the local Nextcloud folder on my Windows Client Machine and only wiped the Serverside with all its data.
- I set up the same Nextcloud Username/PW and the same Nextcloud host address, so that my local nextcloud windows client will upload its files to the new empty instance. At least I thought that is what will happen.
- Instead, my local Nextcloud Folder (C\Users\MyUser\Nextcloud) got wiped and ‘updated’ with the new fresh NC folders like documents, photos, nextcloud.png, reasons to use nextcloud.pdf and so on.
Did I do a huge mistake and all my Nextcloud files are gone?
My local hdd free storage didnt seem to have changed much, so I am hoping that my files just have been renamed or moved to a paperbin or sth.
I also tried to find deleted Files with Recuva but only could find a little folder with 10 Files from that local Nextcloud folder.
Is there any hope?
Thanks in advance