"Load more searches" Does not work in "Files" tab for browsers

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): 25.0.3
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): Ubuntu 20.04.5 LTS
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): nginx 1.18.0-0ubuntu1.4
PHP version (eg, 7.4): 8.0.27

The issue you are facing: When using a browser Chrome or Safari (latest versions), the “Load more results” option in the search bar will not load more searches but collapses and does nothing. This only occurs in the “Files” tab as the other tabs function fine. This only started occurring after the update in November. What do I need to do/change to allow the “Load more results” to function in the “Files” tab? Apologies if this has already been answered but I can’t seem to find the solution on the forums or notes. Thanks in advance.

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): Y

Steps to replicate it:

1. Open a browser and log in to Nextcloud.
  2. Click on “Files” tab and search something.
  3. Click on “Load more searches”

I don’t know what to paste because there’s no error reporting of any kind :confused:

Please use the browser dev function (button F12) in Chrome to see information to the HTTP requests (network) and other debugging information. Maybe you can find something and post it here.

The search bar in that specific tab produces a “Failed to load response data: No data found for resource with given identifier” error. The other tabs get a response. The following is all that’s in Headers:

Request URL: http:///ocs/v2.php/search/providers/files/search?term=&cursor=5&from=%2Fapps%2Ffiles%2F%3Fdir%3D%2F%26fileid%3D6
Referrer Policy: no-referrer

Accept: application/json, text/plain, /
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
Accept-Language: en-US,en;q=0.9
Connection: keep-alive
Cookie: oc_sessionPassphrase=RxNItiO5mTzZ1MeglHnMv8ONQj6uXr22MRmf%2BjfsYxK9rC%2FoEsii6N6UZ0W7wmXNyJJXK3S5hBOsGuoZWeP9uDzWtBEQnmilS0VQmIm8x64ea1UFyMnAkYs9U2EZNdmM; nc_sameSiteCookielax=true; nc_sameSiteCookiestrict=true; ocbiosmcemiq=u4patj8hvuviqu9udutfv0ehlg; nc_username=****; nc_token=qjpIuFZBn7zPCITuwfTJRNCZF7xT2ghu; nc_session_id=u4patj8hvuviqu9udutfv0ehlg
Host: ****
requesttoken: G55yNJI6ooA1SUibxx+NyWAxWHtD5dYlW49zt32IJQc=:ccsrXsRM4bBdZgvWk2jCjyNXATkztaNDDPk7wintVmI=
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/110.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Sorry, I’m not sure if this is helpful. I’m open to any pointers.

Any updates on this?

I still have the same problem and can’t figure it out. I’ve just recommended my clients to use the desktop app in virtual files mode. That or search in any tab that is not Files.

Samey here. Did anyone found the solution?