List of file in a directory

• Is there a way to get list of file in a directory ?
  • or readme file in the ZIP file when we download a directory ?

As far as I remember this question has been asked and answered a couple of days ago. So using the search function of this forum should help you finding an answer.

• Is there a way to get list of file in a directory ?

There is currently no ready-to-use function within Nextcloud. You might use the workflow_scripts app or set-up a cronjob to create such a file list.

• or readme file in the ZIP file when we download a directory ?

Create a readme-file in each directory, e.g. by using the README.md app so that it can be included in a zip file.

Hi j-ed thanx for your answer i dont see the answer.
the readme-file app generate a readme file that should contain list of files ?

Hi j-ed thanx for your answer i dont see the answer.
the readme-file app generate a readme file that should contain list of files ?

That was not the question as I understood it.

• You asked if a function exists to create a directory list β†’ my answer was β€œNO”.

• You asked how you can add a readme file to an archive β†’ my answer was to manually create one in the desired directory, by installing and usin the README.md app. If you’re going to create a zip file which contains the whole directory content, the file should usually be added as part of it.

Ok thanx , but the readme its not automaticly filled with the list of file in the directory ?

No, how should the file be populated? MY assumtion was that you manually want to create a file which contains a description of the content etc.

yes my purpose is a way to get the list of the file in a directory.

• a feature in the file app
    or
  • list of file in the zip when i download.