Linux client doesn't copy any file

Hello,
I installed Nextcloud client on a new Linux computer.
It is running Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS.
The account configuration went well : Iā€™ve been sent to web interface, logged in, and allowed the device to use the account.
But then, no data is copied. Nothing at all. The folder that Iā€™ve created to host the files is empty.
And I see this message error : ā€œā€¦ Operation canceledā€¦ Folder not foundā€¦ā€.
It looks like the client is not allowed to create folders :frowning: I have checked in the computer settings, Nextcloud client is allowed to access to my files.
Any idea ?

In the settings of the client, is the folder added to ā€œSync Connectionā€? If yes, try to force the synchronization using the menu next to the instance (press the tree dots)

Hello,

Yes.

Iā€™ve already tried several times. Also tried to relaunch Nextcloud client.

And I just restarted the computer, the problem is still there.

In case you did not check already:

• Does the folder exist?
  • What is the owner of the folder?
  • What are the access rights?
  • What user starts the client?
1 Like

Yes

The only user on the computer : me

My account can modify

It is started when my session is running. But Iā€™m not sure this answers your question

I would exit the client and start it again in a shell on the command line. Perhaps it throws some error messages there.

How can I do that ?

Donā€™t you have command line access to the system? You said ā€œinstalled Nextcloud client on a new Linux computerā€. Tell exactly what computer that is and how you installed Nextcloud.

Yes, I do have access to command line. My question was ā€œhow do I start the client with command line ?ā€

I installed Nextcloud client with ā€œLogicielā€ (aka ā€œSoftwareā€), bundled with OS. Its about window :
Capture dā€™Ć©cran du 2022-03-07 07-44-49

I donā€™t know your system. The nextcloud executable should be somewhere on your path. Try

which nextcloud

or

nextcloud (pressā€“>TAB)

to find it. On Ubuntu it should be in

/usr/bin
/usr/local/bin
or maybe in
/opt/ā€¦

Hello,
Thanks for the help. I got some response :
$ which nextcloud didnā€™t get any answer

nextcloud (pressā€“>TAB) was better :

$ nextcloud-desktop-client.nextcloud
Gtk-Message: 08:30:49.009: Failed to load module "appmenu-gtk-module"
Qt: Session management error: Could not open network socket
Warning: Setting a new default format with a different version or profile after the global shared context is created may cause issues with context sharing.
nextcloud.gui.application: Already running, exiting...

But I donā€™t know what to do with it.

I found this in the software description (by snapcraft.io) :

Following are needed interfaces for the client. When these interfaces are not connected, the client wonā€™t work as expected:
sudo snap connect nextcloud-desktop-client:mount-observe sudo snap connect nextcloud-desktop-client:network-manager-observe sudo snap connect nextcloud-desktop-client:password-manager-service

So, I executed the 3 commands, then exited and restarted Nextcloud, but it makes no difference.
I also found the authorizations of the software. I saw that it did not have the 3 mentioned authorizations, gave it, restarted software again, but the problem is still the sameā€¦

Do you have root access to the box? Try this:

sudo apt install appmenu-gtk-module-common
sudo apt install appmenu-gtk2-module
sudo apt install appmenu-gtk3-module

to get the missing module installed.

After each command, it says that it is already installed with the last version.