Limit upload size only for public uploads?

I’m curious if its possible to limit the size of uploads JUST for a single public shared folder? I know how to change the global settings, but is there a way to limit just “remote user/s” upload limit? Please let me know if you need any more information and I’ll do my best to provide it. BTW, I’m loving everything about Nextcloud so far, amazing work!

1 Like

Not that easily. You can create a user who shares this folder and give him a specific quota.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply! I’ll try to better explain the condition I’m looking for. I want to create a public folder so I can share a link and have non-users (public) upload jpgs, I want to limit the size of each upload (5MB +/-) to prevent from potential abuse from the public users. I understand I can assign an overall quota for storage, but it would be great if there was a variable that could limit the “Remote-User” upload size.

Again, thank you for taking your time to reply, it’s greatly appreciated!

Biz

1 Like

That would be nice. +1

Have a look at the new file access control in NC 10: https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/10/admin_manual/configuration_files/files_access_control.html

1 Like

Sorry for my late reply, I didn’t have time to really test this out till now. From what I can tell so far this does solve my issue for now but I can foresee having problems in the future if I have multiple different shared folders for different reasons all requiring different “rules”. As this app is right now, if ANY request meets ANY rule, it’ll be blocked so if I created ANY rule that blocked jpeg, it would not be possible to make another rule to allow ONLY jpegs. Maybe I’m looking at this wrong, but these rules are global and not folder specific, unless I’m missing something (likely)