Libreoffice Online Fedora/CentOS RPM

Iā€™ve been fighting with this for the past 20 hours or so, it seems building this with rpmbuild introduces a lot of issues that need to be handled manually. Iā€™ve been able to get 4/5 of the tests passing but the last one is beyond me (unit-admin). I believe it has something to do with the setcap and lack of lool user/group during the building stage.

Iā€™ve set up a git if anyone is interested in forking it or issuing a pull to see if we can get this working. There are a bunch of ugly hacks in the spec file - some due to the inherent nature of the package, some due to the inherent lack of knowledge of the packager :grin:

Thereā€™s more stuff to do, such as getting the right paths in the service and xml files, but thatā€™s nothing compared to running a build with all tests working.

Any ideas?

Iā€™ve got it working but some of the time Iā€™m getting the ā€œunexpected connection errorā€, the loolwsd logs say ā€œnothing to saveā€ when this happens. Gotta go bug hunting.

Also just noticed there is a LibreOffice 5.2 branch of lool, going to try building that to see how it fares.

Apparently this is not production-ready; building it straight from the command-line with all tests passing still gives the unexpected connection error around 20% of the time, as does the Docker image. I guess Iā€™ll have to wait for a stable release to get this done.