Let in from lobby

Is there a simple way to let guests in from the lobby? It looks like there’s a ‘Move to conversation’ button somewhere, but I don’t see it in the interface.

Nextcloud version (eg, 24.0.1): 25.0.13
Talk Server version (eg, 14.0.2): 15.0.8

Looks like the feature wasn’t added until a much later version of talk

There’s a reason why we have a support template :slight_smile: Please add some information about your setup, especially which versions you’re using.

Sorry about that. I honestly though it was garbage caused by my ad blocker. I’ve added the versions to the post.

First of all Nextcloud 25 reached end of life a while ago. I strongly suggest you upgrade to a supported version!

Regarding your question, I assume you are referring to this feature: https://github.com/nextcloud/spreed/pull/11395. This is only available in Talk 19, but it’s only a convienience feature, in older versions you can adjust the permission of a participant and select „skip lobby“.

Thanks for catching that. settings/admin/overview says the system is up to date, so I’ll have to look into how to upgrade when that’s not working. Presumably there will be many new features available once that’s done.

You’re probably running a PHP version which is not supported on Nextcloud 26

Could be. I just assumed that when it said it was up to date it was actually up to date. I upgraded through to 29,0,0,19 including various versions of PHP, database upgrades, etc and talk 19. I now get the “add to conversation” icon. But now I’m getting randomly logged out of the system making unusable.

Random logout problem was fixed by PR 45093, you posted in another thread, so that’s for that as well.