LDAP problem adding new groups

Hi Community,

we are using Nextcloud with currently 49 users. I wanted to add two groups with 5 members each. When i add them in the “Users” Tab and let count they will be counted and are shown as normal “Users” with their LDAP ID and everything but the login doesn’t work.
The LDAP-Filter in the “Login attributes” Tab is unchanged and when i click in there to refresh the request (the added groups are added automatically with Group ID and everything) the Konfiguration light goes from green to red, it say’s “saving” and the whole cloud crashes, i recover it then via vShpere Snapshot.

I’m using Nextcloud 12 but it was the same with 11.0.2 and 11.0.3 . Its running PHP 7.0.15-0 Ubuntu 0.16.04.4 (cli) (NTS).

The logging shows following error: Error PHP ldap_search(): Partial search results returned: Sizelimit exceeded at /var/www/nextcloud/apps/user_ldap/lib/LDAP.php#293
But it’s even there with the 49 accounts so maybe it’s nothing.

I hope some of you can help me please, I’ve searched around, found that the LDAP is restricted to 1000 users but i guess 59 should be ok :slight_smile:

Maybe i miss something with the login-attributes page, we are using just the username, not the email address…

Thanks for reading this far
Michael

Ok, problem was that the changed configuration is/was not stored properly, after clicking furios all around the interface the configuration was stored, now everything works fine. Thanks.