LDAP connected, but won't list Users or Groups - The arguments array must contain 2 items, 1 given

Hey there,
our Nextcloud wouldn’t work anymore (probably the vdisk broken) after several hours of repair trys no chance.
I installed a new nextcloud (24.0.4). So far so good. Now i got to a point, where LDAP connectet to our Windows AD and chose the groups from AD whitch userers can login.
The Problem. If i click on count users, its cicling endless and wont tell me how much userers there are. If i go to groups it won’t list any group.

following came up in the logs
|Fehler|index|ValueError: The arguments array must contain 2 items, 1 given

1. /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/L10N/L10NString.php - line 88:vsprintf()
  2. /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/L10N/L10N.php - line 127:OC\L10N\L10NString->__toString()
  3. /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/L10N/LazyL10N.php - line 56:OC\L10N\L10N->n()
  4. /var/www/nextcloud/apps/user_ldap/lib/Wizard.php - line 177:OC\L10N\LazyL10N->n()
  5. /var/www/nextcloud/apps/user_ldap/ajax/wizard.php - line 96:OCA\User_LDAP\Wizard->countUsers()
  6. /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Route/Route.php - line 155:require_once(“/var/www/ne … p”)
  7. <>OC\Route\Route->OC\Route{closure}(“*** sensiti … *”)
  8. /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Route/Router.php - line 306:call_user_func()
  9. /var/www/nextcloud/lib/base.php - line 1023:OC\Route\Router->match()
  10. /var/www/nextcloud/index.php - line 36:OC::handleRequest()|
    | — | — |

any idea what i do wrong? Any screenshots or infos you need?

Sorry i do not use LDAP / AD . But please read this documentation and post your settings at this position. You can anonymize or blackening your settings.

Hi Devnull,
i configured it like in the documentation, i even got screenshots of the old working config and configured it like before.

P.s. after a reboot i could enter the Groups Tab in LDAP and set up the groups i want to use. It also associates the users with their groups, but the error “ValueError: The arguments array must contain 2 items, 1 given” comes after trying to count users or groups.

hey @advoservice and welcome to the nextcloud community forum where everyone tries to help everybody as good as they can :slight_smile:

this is an international forum so the standard language is english, by default. it would be nice if you’d keep to that rule as well.

if you feel unsafe posting in another language I suggest deepl.com translator to you… you enter your text in any language you’d prefer and let it translate to english… for free.

plus: we do have some non-english subforum where you are welcome to post in your mothertongue. Please note that reach of every non-english subforum is pretty much lesser than if you’d post in english. Meaning: Less ppl will read your posting if you chose to open a thread in a non-english subforum

thanks for your understanding

Sorry. then I will take that into account and here is my comment again in English.

I have the same problem and when I go to external storage I see the groups but the users can’t upload anything.

And 3 of my external storages show an error even though they worked without problems before.

1 Like