LDAP Authenication and automatic Windows server home drive mapping

Hello. I am working on switching from Owncloud 7 to Nextcloud 12. I have the ldap authenication working. But, I cannot get the automatic mapping of my users Windows server home drives to their owncloud directory. On Owncloud I used this write up Guide: OC 6.0.X and H-Drive Integration https://forum.owncloud.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20706 which still works great. But, I need to move to Nextcloud and trying to figure out how to do this. I can manually add a Windows share to Nextcloud server with no problems. Just trying to get the automatic mapping of the user’s Windows home drives has me stumped. I am running Ubuntu 16.04 no snap installation. Here is the log.

index	OCP\Files\NotFoundException: 	2017-06-09T13:52:41-0400

Error index OCP\Files\NotFoundException: 2017-06-09T13:52:41-0400
Error index OCP\Files\NotFoundException: 2017-06-09T13:52:40-0400
Error index OCP\Files\NotFoundException: 2017-06-09T13:49:43-0400
Error index OCP\Files\NotFoundException: 2017-06-09T13:49:43-0400
Error index OCP\Files\NotFoundException:

Thanks
-Glenn

It looks like you forgot to include your question!

I just edit my question.

What exactly did you configure in order to get the home folder mapping to work? As far as I know, all it takes is setting the User Home Folder Naming Rule under Advanced -> Special Attributes, assuming you don’t have any permission issues on the filesystem.
EDIT: Under Expert, the Internal Username Attribute is set to sAMAccountName on our system, and it looks like that’s the place where the home mapping is defined. It should create a folder with that name within the data directory that is assigned in config.php.

The guide has you edit the mount.json file. I mount smb shares at the root of the user directory like /mnt/esstaff and then Owncloud goes and maps the user’s folder to the root folder on owncloud, so the Windows Home drive is the default Owncloud directory. Here is the contents of the mount.json file. The mount.json file checks if they are in a specific group on Active Directory to map the Windows Home drive to Owncloud local storage. I added the sAMAccountName in expert mode and it did not work. Thanks for your help!

{
“group”: {
“ESSTAFF”: {
"/$user/files": {
“class”: “\OC\Files\Storage\Local”,
“options”: {
“datadir”: “/mnt/eshsusers/esstaff/$user”
}
}
},
“HSSTAFF”: {
“datadir”: “/mnt/eshsusers/hsstaff/$user”
}
}
},
“MSSTAFF”: {
“datadir”: “/mnt/msusers/msstaff/$user”
}
}
},
“ADSTAFF”: {
“datadir”: “/mnt/adusers/adstaff/$user”
}
}
}
}
}

I didn’t find anything about mount.json in the Nextcloud 12 documentation, but I did find this for OwnCloud:

It looks like you need to abandon mount.json and play around with User Home Folder Naming Rule.
Are you actually running NC12 now? Is it running on a Windows or Linux server?

I take a look at mount.json link. I am running Ubuntu 16.04 and Nextcloud 12 just downloaded Nextcloud 12 yesterday.