LDAP auth: detecting group membership not working

Hello everyone!

Trying to get Nextcloud 12 up and running right now. Here is what does not seem to work for me:

Nextcloud version (eg, 10.0.2): 12.0.0
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 16.04): Debian 8.8
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): Apache 2.4.10
PHP version (eg, 5.6): 7.0
Is this the first time you’ve seen this error?: yes

Can you reliably replicate it? (If so, please outline steps):

The issue you are facing:
I successfully configured LDAP auth. In my LDAP, there are nested groups, which are all inside the “Users” group. All users have the “gidNumber” attribute, which assigns them to the “Users” group. All groups have the “memberUid” attribute, that can be used for finding out which group the users belong to except “Users”.

Nextcloud only shows the LDAP users to be the members of the “Users”-group, not anything else. When logging in as an LDAP user in the terminal, I can see all the groups the user belongs to just fine.

How can I configure Nextcloud to see group memberships beyond what is specified in the “gidNumber” attribute?

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:
Error PHP ldap_search(): Partial search results returned: Sizelimit exceeded at /var/www/html/nextcloud/apps/user_ldap/lib/LDAP.php#293 2017-06-16T12:37:43+0200
Error PHP ldap_search(): Partial search results returned: Sizelimit exceeded at /var/www/html/nextcloud/apps/user_ldap/lib/LDAP.php#293 2017-06-16T12:27:03+020

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

<?php $CONFIG = array ( 'instanceid' => 'random-id', 'passwordsalt' => 'pepper', 'secret' => 'security', 'trusted_domains' => array ( 0 => 'mydomain', 1 => 'remote-administration-domain', ), 'datadirectory' => '/var/www/html/nextcloud/data', 'overwrite.cli.url' => 'http://mydomain/nextcloud', 'dbtype' => 'mysql', 'version' => '12.0.0.29', 'dbname' => 'nextcloud', 'dbhost' => 'localhost', 'dbport' => '', 'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_', 'dbuser' => 'admin', 'dbpassword' => 'admin', 'installed' => true, 'ldapIgnoreNamingRules' => false, 'ldapProviderFactory' => '\\OCA\\User_LDAP\\LDAPProviderFactory', ); The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in `/var/log/____`: --- Remember, this information may be requested if it isn't supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart: Feel free to use a pastebin service, otherwise log files can be indented with 4 spaces on each line to present them in a friendlier way on the forum.