Last 2 Rock64 images fail to boot entirely

My 23.9.2018 image was working fine. unfortunately it does not update correctly.
I tried to install the october image (NextCloudPi_Rock64_10-02-18.img) which at least is accessible after flashing in windows so that I can add a ssh directory. but the ROCK64 does not even boot. no ping back.

With the newest image (NextCloudPi_Rock64_11-04-18.img) the partition is not even accessible under windows. No booting either in ROCK64.

I Think avh02 already posted something similar on Nov. 2nd. No answer to that question until now.

Is there anyone out there who has successfully installed one of those images?

Somebody on the Telegram group just verified that they boot

Thanks a lot for checking. Still I have the problem that the NextCloudPi_Rock64_11-04-18.img is not booting here.
I downloaded it from 2 sources: Pine64 and nextcloudpi.
I flashed it to 2 different SD cards (allthough both 16gb/sandisk/ but different specs)
i flashed it with win32diskimager, ether 1.4.4 and 1.4.6
i flashed it on two different pcs (one notebook one desktop)
with cardreader and built in reader.
always on win10 64bit all updates installed.

always the same problem:
the card is not accessible under windows, (windows just wants to format)
the rock64 does not even respond to a ping

I flashed librelec, nextcloudpi 23.9.18 and those work perfectly fine. accesible under windows, and booting and working fine on my rock64.

what could be wrong?

I am not sure. I am generating new image this weekend, I can ping you here when it’s ready.

If that doesn’t work you can always run the regular Armbian image and install NCP from softy

Thanks a lot. highly appreciated. many commercial companies could learn from you in the matter of service.

I could not get the 11-04-18 image to boot either. Hooked up serial console and this is what it reports:

mmc_init: -95, time 10
switch to partitions #0, OK
mmc1 is current device
Failed to mount ext2 filesystem...
** Unrecognized filesystem type **

From that point the ROCK64 goes into a trying to boot from USB loop. Image burned and verified fine so not sure what the issue is. Just wanted to provide some info if it helps resolve.

Having some difficulties with the Armbian build, don’t have much time to solve them, so I’ll wait a bit see if they fix it upstream

build fails with

E: The method driver /usr/lib/apt/methods/https could not be found

Hi,
The build in the direct download or torrent is just a 1.3MB file : https://ownyourbits.com/downloads/NextCloudPi_Rock64_11-04-18/
The problem may come from this ?

yes, that was a bad upload, use the one from october

I just deleted the bad one

Thanks !
On my side the board is booting (I can login create a user and change the password) but it isn’t connected to my router (wired connection), so I can’t access the web page ! Is there a way to activate LAN ?

LAN is active by default, make sure you have DHCP in your router

okay. I’m back on the RaspberryPi 3, it’s all back in order. I’m sure about the router, do you have another idea what could be wrong ?
Thanks again !

Hi,

Finally had some time to work on this. I generated a new Rock64 image

https://ownyourbits.com/downloads/NextCloudPi_Rock64_12-01-18/

I tested it myself, and it works fine

2 Likes

Thanks !!! It’s perfect now !!!

1 Like

Thanks for all your effort Nacho!

1 Like