Large HDD drive mount

Hi! First time posting here and first time trying out nextcloud on a raspberry pi. I got basicly everything working so far.

When i mounted my 1 TB drive i had like 140GB stuff in it which i put on my windows desktop. Plugged the 1 TB hdd into the raspberry reformat it to ext4 and everything is working. However it takes YEARS to upload the 140GB stuff via the nextcloud. Also it times out the pi so it crashes.

Can i unmount the drive from the pi, plug it into my windows desktop, upload the 140 gb files and then replug it into the pi ??

Nextcloud version (eg, 12.0.2): v13.0
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 17.04): * Raspbian 9 strech
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): * Apache 2.4.25, with HTTP2 enabled
PHP version (eg, 7.1): 7.0

As far as I’m aware, the only supported methods for uploading files are the Nextcloud clients, the Nextcloud web interface, and WebDAV. You can try putting the files on the HDD, connecting it to the Pi, and creating a WebDAV share to upload them. It’s also possible to use cURL.

When I was trying out Nextcloud on my Raspberry Pi (gen 1) it took ages. Which generation of Rpi do you use?
A better way may be to copy the contents back using your computer to correct place and then run “occ” command to update the database. Search the documentation for occ.